Builds ROTW BBM Ricks 80 on 40's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I dont know what to say about my rig, as it really hasnt had all that much done to it, but here is a basic list.

BBMotorsports 4in Kit.
This kit includes:

Tough Dog 45mm bore adjustable shocks
Tough Dog Coils
H/D adjustable Panhards
H/D return to centre Steer stabilizer
3.5 deg castor correction bushes
Extended brakelines

I have also fitted heavy duty 4140 steering arms (tie rod and draglink).

Tha axles are home to 4.88:1 r&p's, and Richmond Gears Lockrights. Up front I have CroMo CV's, and we have used solid spacers on the pinions for added strength.

I whipped up a custom transfer guard, but it doesnt see much action.

I am running Michelin XML's that measure 40 x 13 x 16, and they are of a radial construction. These perform perfectly well on the road, and are awesome off it. I have these mounted to the stock GXL 16 x 8 in steelies.

To fit these puppies, I have had the wheel arches slightly trimmed, and have removed the GXL flares.

I have also had a part time kit installed, and at the same time we fitted a set of Genuine Rockhopper Reduction gears, giving 45% reduction in low range.

This is indeed my only form of transport, and is my daily driver. It genrally cops a couple of off raod trips a week, as well as commuting and any touring. The beast does it all pretty well.

Well I guess I will leave it to the readers to ask any questions about the rig, I will do my best to explain any facet of the build, or add pics as required.

Thanks for looking at my rig!

There are a bunch of pictures posted in another thread. Nice rig.

Your cruiser is a monster, tires like awesome..

80action039.jpg

80action032.jpg

80action020.jpg

80action004.jpg

80action006.jpg

80404sml.jpg

80401sml.jpg

Edit: Cleaned it up for ya - Romer - your freindly 80's moderator. These are his pics from the other thread (BBM Ricks)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is his post and pics from the other thread. Larger pics are posted above in Cap's tpost

OK, here is a bit of info on my beaten up 80.

MODEL : 94 GXL Petrol Auto. I will never go back to a manual again!

FRONT DIFF : Features 4.88:1 ratios, Lockright Diff lock, CroMo CV's, solid pinion spacer and AVM hubs. Weld on diff guard.

REAR DIFF : 4.88:1 with solid pinion spacer, Lockright diff lock.

TRANSFER : Part time kit, Genuine Rockhopper reduction gears with 45% reduction.

MOTOR : Stock

AUTO : Stock, but will be doing a stall converter mod to lower the stall speed. Custom transfer guard.

SUSPENSION : 4in BBM kit featuring Tough Dog 45mm adjustables, Tough Dog coils, 3rds Heavy Duty adjustable Panhards, 3rds Ultra Heavy Duty lower control arms, 3rds Ultra Heavy Duty upper control arms and custom rear bumpstop extensions.

STEERING : 3rds Productions Draglink and Tie rod. These are bulletproof! Will soon be fitting a quality power steering cooler.

WHEELS/TYRES : Standard GXL 16x8 Steelies and 40x13R16 Michelin XML's. These tyres are awesome! They drive perfectly, are DOT approved AND, they are regroovable!! They are military spec, 4 steel tread plies, and 1 steel sidewall ply. Bloody heavy! Should last a while me thinks.

OTHER BITS : Sparco steering wheel, Big Pump & 5 Gallon Tank, Lightforce 240 XGT's.

COMING SOON : Custom sill armour, power steering cooler, new front bar (the old one has seen better days) bulletproof rear tailshaft.

Have any pictures of the trimming you did to fit those meats?

, and we have used solid spacers on the pinions for added strength.

Can someone explain that a little to me? Not talking about gussets/bracing on the axle housing are we?

Can someone explain that a little to me? Not talking about gussets/bracing on the axle housing are we?

I think he's talking about the pinion spacers. Rather than the crush sleeves, he used solid spacers. Am I right?

SO 40's will fit with 4.5" of lift?!!! How much trimming did you do? I'm looking to run 36's with 4" of lift.

I like how he says "I haven't done much to it" then describes mods that many of us haven't even thought of!
Nice unit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom