Builds ROTW- Chotchy's 1994 FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.expeditioncure.com
Where to begin? First off, I'm sorry this is so late. I've been really busy lately. Second, I've been lurking around on this forum a lot longer than I have been a member. I've learned tons of stuff and made some good friends in the process. Love ya Jimmy...

I use to sell Porsche's/Audi's and one day this lady came by in an 80 series to purchase her son a new Audi. I ran out and asked her if it had lockers and if she was planning to trade it in. Of course she didn't know what lockers were and didn't want to trade it in. It was her "winter beater" as she put. I told her that if she ever wanted to sell it that she should call me asap. Couple weeks go by and she came back into the dealership to finish up the Audi deal. I went out and looked over the rig again. I had to find a way to get it. I decided to go and try and sell her a new truck. We had a 2004 Lexus GX470 in white that I knew I could sell her on. Sure enough two weeks later she came in and purchased it. My manager let me negotiate the trade deal and sure enough I walked away with a pretty good deal on an 80.

Most of you will be wondering what the hell is with the paint job. There is a good reason I promise. I'm doing a Parkinson's fundraising event in about 3 weeks. I wanted my truck to stand out. The painter went a little overboard and is going to tame her back down a little. I will post a thread about the fundraiser soon.

The only mods thus far are:
Custom Outback Off Road Gear front bumper (almost finished)
Custom Outback Off Road Gear rear bumper (almost finished)
Custom Outback Off Road Gear sliders (almost finished)
Wack Yellow Paint
Goodyear MTR's 315/75
Warn XD9000
Winchline 3/8" 80' synthetic rope +tree saver
Optima Yellow Top

3 Weeks from now the mods will be:
Custom Outback Off Road Gear full length rack
Autohome Overlander roof top tent
PHH
Engel Fridge
Dual batt-adding red top
Helton Shower Kit
Diff Breathers
CB Radio
OME J-Spring Lift
Hi Lift Jack
Shovels/Axes
Custom Stereo
Laptop Mount
Inverter
Custom drawer
All Synthetic fluid
Storm Cases
Scepter military cans
Staun tire deflators
Lightforce 240's (4)
Safari Snokel
Air Compressor
Adventure Medical Kit-expedition size

I'm sure I've left some stuff out. My bank account is coming to an end and no time or money left for regearing :(

Love it here.
ROTW-1.jpg

sweet...

nothing wack about this paint job!! Slee had a yellow one there for a bit...or was it Robby's...can't remember...anywho...it was badass...

Texus said:
nothing wack about this paint job!! Slee had a yellow one there for a bit...or was it Robby's...can't remember...anywho...it was badass...

Can't really see it, but there's quite a bit more to that paint job than just some yellow. Take another look at the 'black' rear upper corner, there's some pretty smokin' graphics happenin' there... or is there?

-Spike

That bumper is MAMMOTH, why so big? plan ok hitting some deer? better yet a whole family of deer in one shot.

Get that star the more pics the more we'll like you. lol

Chotchy first off thanks for contributing.:cheers:

Better late than never.:D

If you want you can email pics to Romer or myself and we will be happy to post them up in this thread for you.

Oh and I really like the color, and it was Slee not Robbie who had a yellow truck, in fact two yellow trucks the 'School Bus' and the Short Bus respectively.:cool:

thanks guys. i just paid for my star last night :D

hopefully i will be able to post more pics today.

and yes there is more to the paint job than just yellow. more to come.

PKP80 said:
That bumper is MAMMOTH, why so big? plan ok hitting some deer? better yet a whole family of deer in one shot.

Get that star the more pics the more we'll like you. lol

I think the wide angle lens is making it larger than it really is. Although the 1.75 tube is larger than most. I think it gives it a larger look. It is still adjustable...I might play with it.

Chotchy,
Nice rig.
Looks like a serious list of mods.
Always like to see people with custom armour.

interesting. Good looking truck. That is one hell of a large front bumper. How much does that sucker weigh?

H-,
You gunna announce what you're doing with this rig?

Personally a fan of the black TLC, but I do like color of the top half. Kind of a pearl-swirl pattern to the black coat.

Lets see some Pics of those Sliders!! :D

...close ups of where is ties into the frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom