Hurricane Relief Thoughts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tornadoalleycruisers.com
Hey Gang;
You've all heard about Hurricane Katrina by now. What do we have, 50 chapters? If each chapter could raise $500-$1000, and non-chapter general membership could contribute $50 per member, we could raise $50,000-$100,000 easy I think. That would rebuild one family's house.
I'm trying to get my TV station to do the same thing: $500-$1000 per advertiser. How many members does your church/high school/etc have? We have several churches in the 5,000 member range here. High schools in the 2,000 member range. Any of the organisations could easily raise funds to build a house.
Think about how to help your fellow citizens who are so desparately in need right now, and let's find a way to help.

Alan, living in a nice dry house.

Just for instance:
My chapter has ~ 50 guys. $50 a piece=$2500
50 Chapters of $2500=125,000
This is before trying to get all our individual members and associate businesses to donate $50 each.
We could build several modest homes for that kind of jack...

I know everyone has bills to pay, gas is getting more expensive, etc. Say that to yourself in good concience whilst sitting in your air conditioned home or apartment reading the latest spiffy Toyota Trails and sipping a nicely chilled beverage.

C'mon, $50 ain't nuttin to you guys in comparison to the good that we as a club can do here.

LSLC is already involved heavily ..... directly, we have 80-200 evacuees here in Bonham, the wife and I went to Wal Mart last nite and filled the back of her 80 with pillows and water, the Red Cross is furnishing food and cots. Another one of our members in Commerce has 200 there and the guys are donating direct thru him...... sad deal all the way around.....got this from one of my Church friends, thought it nice of the State of Texas......

Do you know anyone in Texas as an evacuee from any of the three states
Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama? If so, the Texas Department of Health
and Human Services will give them 2 months of Food Stamps with no
questions asked. All they need to show is a drivers license. This agency
will also give you information and locations where they can receive FREE
GAS. Also, if you are housing anyone from one of these states you can
call FEMA at (800) 621-3362 file a claim and receive assistance for your
help. This is valid information directly from TDHHS

Last edited:
Texican said:
LSLC is already involved heavily ..... directly, we have 80-200 evacuees here in Bonham, the wife and I went to Wal Mart last nite and filled the back of her 80 with pillows and water, the Red Cross is furnishing food and cots. Another one of our members in Commerce has 200 there and the guys are donating direct thru him...... sad deal all the way around.....got this from one of my Church friends, thought it nice of the State of Texas......

Do you know anyone in Texas as an evacuee from any of the three states
Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama? If so, the Texas Department of Health
and Human Services will give them 2 months of Food Stamps with no
questions asked. All they need to show is a drivers license. This agency
will also give you information and locations where they can receive FREE
GAS. Also, if you are housing anyone from one of these states you can
call FEMA at (800) 621-3362 file a claim and receive assistance for your
help. This is valid information directly from TDHHS

Nice work Teican, I watch the news and feel so helpless.

Our local Search and rescue including some Emerg docs have flown out to help, but with the gun fire they have been pulled back and are on hold.

All the best to the families and friends, 50 dollar is a great contribution to these folks.

Good luck with rebuilding thier lives.

where to send funds

Casey Campbell has setup a paypal acct tlcaspecial@hotmail.com

but it would really be better (save paypal fees) if you just send the checks to CAsey. He'll hold them until we think we have everthing, then write a tlca check to the Red Cross or Habitat Fro Humanity, then deposit all the funds.

Mail checks to:
Casey Campbell
tlca hurricane relief
726 53rd street
des moines, ia 50312

Thanks, Alan

Chef-you have a PM!

I have no idea! Good Q, and I recommend that you ask your tax preparer, or someone smarter than me. I'll ask Casey and see what he says...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom