SBC motor mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just have a quick question what motor mounts(frame mount) did people use for their sbc conversion on thier 40's. im looking to take out my 2F and put in a SBC i got laying around that i have been building up but for once im struggling with finding motor mounts and what not for the conversion. if you can help me out that be awesome! hope to hear something from ya!
:cheers:

thanks
crazylandcruiser

Last edited:
I think a guy named Bob Firestein was making motor mounts for a cruiser which used mounts from a C10 Chevy. The guy that is now making them is Matt Bier and his email address is mbier@comcast.net. When I was looking into them he wanted $140 plus shipping. Sent me and email and I will forward the pics he sent.

i used AA motor mounts, probable wouldn't do it again.

I'd use either stock motor mounts and build a platform up from the frame rails, or bolt a flat plate to the engine and use some DOM tubing and some bushings (like shock bushings) on the frame side.

The Firestein/Bier mounts are sweet. Simple to install, and strong. They center the engine and use stock Chevy rubber which has to be purchased separately. I don't have any pics of mine, but I am sure someone on the board has some photos of them installed.

mounts

sweet ill have to check them out i was hoping to not spend that much but it looks like ill be doing that. i might try making them myself but who knows ill have to keep looking in to it. if anyone has a pic id love a picture of them.

make them youself with Poly Bushings. it will take a bit of Fab work, but worth it in the end

the kit is like $20 each, i got mine from MAD Offroad, bur Ruff stuff has them too, both vendors on this site..

attachment.php

proffitscruisers also has a kit, 75 dollars last i checked and it is similar to that above

I'm not to sure what I got. Some sort of backyard fab work.

I think they decided to mount them in one spot and then changed their mnid :rolleyes:

13.jpg

Here is the other piece. I used the rubber mounts and bolts that AA has to mount them.

P1010049-1.jpg

There is another thread going on that has some sweat mounts pictured.

Link:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=49957

Cradle Front mount

Mine has the " Old School " front cradle mount, using the stock frame/rubber mounts to position the motor. I run Scout p/s, had to make my own p/s pump mount, but close to stock position off the water pump. Is there a drawback to using this mount nowadays, when someone is looking at a SBC swap? Just curious. Al

sweet now i know what to do those pics help alot. thanks everyone! always great advice and help comes from this site. i wanted to do it myself cause landcruiser nw wants 900 to install it not to run just to weld the mounts in and do the work so i thought i could save alot of money going this way. as i can see im right!

i'd think the bier mounts would be what you want then. they fit over the frame so you can position the motor easily. i wish he'd made them for the 55's 'cause it wuld have made putting the cheby in mine much more convenient

yea those look like the best mounts i have seen. i like those alot might look into fabbing my own up just to see what i can do if all else fails i just hack them off and get some of those. its a project right... might as well have fun with it! :)

Here is a couple of pics that I had of the Firestein mounts. Don't have any pics of them mounted.
2005_0811_152108AA (Small).JPG
2005_0811_152211AA (Small).JPG

make them youself with Poly Bushings. it will take a bit of Fab work, but worth it in the end

the kit is like $20 each, i got mine from MAD Offroad, bur Ruff stuff has them too, both vendors on this site..

attachment.php

I like this design better since the transfer case is also secured in the same way.

I won't use the firestein mounts. Yes, they are well made and look nice, but I'm not convinced that centering the engine is what I need and the large size is not desirable. The real advantage of the firestein mount is the ease of install.

i have the front cradle type as well and i hate it, its in the way of everything

Hey Cam, How come you didn't change mounts when you did the sag conversion? I had the same problem and didn't want to mess with trying to monkey in a ps bracket. The Firestein mounts work perfectly for replacing the front saddle mount. The engine sits just a bit lower but rides within an 1/8 inch of where the old front mount located it. No more electric fuel pump, all stock brackets for accessories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom