August 19 East Coast Pig Run 06' (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

76FJ40 said:
I'm planning to be at Pig-O-Rama '06 and I don't care where we stay.

Hey, are you aware there is a Swine-O-Rama going on in CO? I think it is a really cool event and look forward to seeing pics of it... all part of the nationwide unofficial but annual pig-o-rama as I know the west coast is also doing a pig run

I am waiting to hear back from Rausch Creek on the camping situation, since the calendar shows "camp heep" on the same weekend.. we'll see. I will put something out on the birfield list as FYI and see if there is feedback.

taster

;) from 04'...

pigrun04TTcover.jpg

Wayneraintree said:
I also like to camp at Rausch, though primitive, it is nice to be right there at the end of the day. Some people may stay at the campground for showers, kids, etc. so we'll stay flexible.

Hey, it occured to me that we *may* make the primitive camping more engoyable for some if anyone has a good working onboard shower they're willing to donate engine time for???

I don't know if anyone has one. (It's been a project on my back burner for a while...)
If so, we could try to coordinate a large amount of water showing up for use. Anyone have a large water tank on a trailer?

just thought's... and we would still have to figure out a toilet..

There is usually at least one "outhouse" in the parking lot just before the first camping area.

Wayneraintree said:
bump...so can we get a count of attendees?

I have:

Gary S.
Joe M.
Brian K.
Jeff D.
Chris B.
Riad
Bob(?)
Dan(?)
Tom H.
Ron N.
Will(?)

who did I miss????

Dan

I have a propane shower that makes things a little less primitive.

camp a while was fine w/me, but i can always use the pig as a tent!

I just heard from Lynn and since the camp jeep thing will dominate the camping area, she has agreed to allow us to camp via driving into the trails and going to the west property new trail camping area. That sounds cool to me, more time on the property the better... There is a nice stream for showers, water in general (better have a filter). It is likely OK to pull an offroad trailer to the camp area, if anyone is interested, I can check with her.

Also, trailers/campers are still allowed in the parking area, just not back to the trails camping area. Sounds fun...

Camp-a-while works for me. It is nice to have a hot shower after a day on the trails. There is also a pool for the kids.

If we are going to stay there, we should probably get in touch with them soon to make sure they have room.

I vote for the camping in the park....less driving to and from = more time for drinking beer :)

bk

Gary S. votes to stay in the park... I am going to go ahead and let her know there will be a group of us in the park camping... I fully understand the pool, showers aspect Joe. We'll work it all out so everyone can have a choice of either place...

Primitive Camping

If I can make it, I can help cook! I have the gear on hand to cook dutch oven style :grinpimp: .

Tell me what ya think? I can feed approx. 10 - 15 out of one dutch oven. I can have 2 going at one time.

Chuck

Blue77FJ40 said:
Cool. I didn't see Camp 3 shown on any of RC's maps. Whereabouts is it??

it is near the office up a forest line road per Lynn.. designed to allow small groups to camp without having to have a "mixer" between the large partying Jeep contingent and others....

Can the other white meat play??

Ain't got no swine, but would be down to go...that cool??

Am I the only one who believes that "Camp Jeep" is going to take over the trails all weekend and pretty much bring the suck to Rausch Creek?

I have never been to a "Camp Jeep" event but I have seen the pictures and read all about them. Camp Jeep = hundreds of trucks. Normally they rent out the entire area as it is a "closed" event. I am surprised Lynn would let anyone but them in the park on the same weekend.

I would strongly consider holding the event at Paragon or changing dates.

I believe last year they had about 80 heeps there and it didn't really impact us much. Jeff, Bob, what is your memory of the event?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom