Behold... the anti-cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As I have been lurking here and reading all the threads about how to correctly build up an 80 I discovered that apparently I have done everything wrong :eek:

OMG.... I run OME heavies and have the ''stink bug'' look, the RWL on my BFGs are facing out and OH NOES I still wheel with running boards!:whoops:

I thought I should go ahead and proudly post my pics and specs so that others like me won't have to hang their heads in shame and can stand up and be counted:D

OK enough of my smarta$$ attitude (I almost forgot this is my first post ;) ) .....on with the pics

FJ802.jpg

FJ801.jpg

Sadly I hard to part with my FJ-40 several years back but decided to purchase a 1994 FJZ80 last summer....so far: OME 2.5 Heavies, 285 BFG ATs, ARB w/12K Warn, Dual Batteries and all the ''normal'' mods (CDL/7-pin etc.). I have upgraded to a Pioneer stereo with an 8'' sub in the stock location with a 300 watt amp ( I will likely post separate pics and write-up of the install).

I am looking at rear bumper options right now and by summer's end will have ARB lockers front and rear w/4.88's (for the 35'' MTRs coming mid winter)
It is used for camping and moderate to hard wheeling and while I'm not much for rock crawling it has been through the rock garden on Spring Creek and did fine.

All kidding aside this place has been a great source of information and ideas. I do most of my own work and was a Toyota ASM for most of the 90's hopefully I can help out now and then with technical issues.

(ooops profile update with location) That is a Colorado ''Pioneer" plate

Last edited:
Welcome. For those of us who don't recognize your lic. plate, where are you from?

A pioneer plate means his family has been in Colorado for at least 3 generations. I would qualify but didn't want to spend the extra $25.

Welcome. You should come check out the Rising Sun Club here in Denver. What part of Denver do you live in.

Welcome :flipoff2:

Now lose the running boards, turn your tires "right side out", use some trim packers to fix the "stink bug" look, and wheel the wee out of it!:D

Nice super clean looking dude!

Nak

Romer said:
A pioneer plate means his family has been in Colorado for at least 3 generations. I would qualify but didn't want to spend the extra $25.

Welcome. You should come check out the Rising Sun Club here in Denver. What part of Denver do you live in.

Highlands Ranch (I think I passed you on Arapahoe Rd about 2 weeks ago) BTW Check the RS forums ;)

landtank said:
you forgot the bling rims and tail light brush guards on your list

welcome :flipoff2:
Yeah I hoped nobody would notice the wheels (on it when I got it -back to stock when I go 35s) Hey I like the guards ;p
I know that the snorkle is another area of debate but during spring runoff water gets deep at a couple spots I go..I have had to drag out buddies after they got swamped..none of that for me.

mmw68 said:
At least you picked the right color!! :)
Absolutely! I had very specific wants....had to be white and no leather/pwr seats...found exactly what I wanted.

Welcome:flipoff2:

And a fine looking rig!

Welcome to the club :flipoff2:

I have my white letters out too, I just like it that way.

PS: White Cruisers are freakin sweet, but not as cool as 6M1 Dark Emerald Pearl cruisers :flipoff2:

Last edited:
I like the steelies. Nice truck!

Cheers.

Welcome!

yes, the white letters gottago.
But at least you got the second best color for the rig! :D

Bear80 said:
So what lights did you put in place of the orange turn signals in the bumper?

ahhhh sharp eyes

They are just some off-brand I saw at a parts store (Pep Boys I think). At 19.95 I figured they were worth using to try out the concept. They did not turn out to be bright enough to provide additional light with my Slee harness/upgraded bulbs and I am going to remove them and install them as back-up lights.

I am continuing to look for a high quality set that will fit.

Sweet looking rig! What type of flight instruction do you do?

Close ups of the fogs you used in the turn signal area would be sweet btw, I'd love to see how you rigged it.

being dang near blind, i can't tell what rims you have on your rig.,...are they gay or something? is the why the comments about
bling? i thought bling just went with the yuppie rigs :D

nothing wrong with the stinkbug look and the white tire letters look fine against the white truck.

I'm sure so good old rock will help you remove the running boards.....

welcome.

Excellent color! Welcome! :flipoff2:

Welcome! :flipoff2: Nice rig, don't worry about daring to be different. LX_TREME has that area covered. His rig would be hard to beat as a stand out unique rig. I fourth the color choice, white rules! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom