Builds Build up: Rusty Mustard (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

although mines a sm465 im about where you are now. i hope i dont get into the floor on mine as ive already built a 26gal aluminum tank that i really dont want to modify. hopefully ill be ok as i removed the stock fuel sump part of the floor and moved my sump to the outside of frame. if clocking mine flat gets me into the floor im planning on pulling my novak adaptor and welding the upper 2 holes shut and redrilling for a "1/2-clocked position" in between the highest clocking option and the next one down. see my buildup thread on pirate for pics

nice work by the way:beer:
chris:cool:

nice work trevor. sorry we could'nt hang out more, we were already running way behind. to keep the trans cool, i'd run a cooler strictly designed to do so. the ac units are too big and will restrict airflow to the rad. and they're not nearly as efficient as the trans coolers. i still have a few for sale if you're interested. ;)

I had access to a Plasma Cutter today so i had to Hurry up with some Driveline Brackets
The Axle tube halfs will be added to my Rear Housing for some more beef for the Mopar Spring Perches to sit on

Some photos of how its looking now.. its going to end up a little to the Drivers side to clear the t-case better.

t-case is going to hang a 1/2" or so lower than the Frame
Plasma.jpg
Placement.jpg
clocking.jpg

Nice buildup. I really like that before picture too.:cool:

What Bolts should i be using for the Tranny into the Engine Block?
Junkyard search had Different sizes from 9/16 up to like 18mm.. Engine is a 1988 tbi

Spent some time Getting my Audi Ready For Sale, so i can Pay for the Rest of this Build ;)

Thanks for the info, nice setup, Georg is sending me a nice Stacked plate style cooler.. Whats the Story on that Beefy Steering U-Joint. My Afco U-joints are Junk,only got a year of use out of them :(

Finaly an update.. i sold the Audi :) All the $ has gone and parts are on the way :cool:
My digital camera was in the audi :mad: so crappy phone pictures will need to do for now..

Ive been a welding fool, finaly getting good at it too..
Motor Mounts and Rear Crossmember are done, Poly Bushing kits came from MAD Off road.
03-30-06_0138.jpg
03-30-06_0141.jpg

Last edited:
wow those photos are bad..

I could not find a Machine shop to drill holes to clock the T-case quickly, so i got out the Harbor Freigt Drill press and took my time with the holes, it came out pretty good..

time to go to bed!

your rig will soooooo be on the trail before mine.

when your done, drive north a bit and come wrench on mine for me :D

nice work travis

btw, the more you weld the better you'll get.....fo sho ;)

Taurus fan is mounted along with the tranny cooler..
No camera still!!

working on mounting relays, switch and sender for controling the fan!

oh yea and Jim, Its Trevor, not Travis.. lol
dont worry man the first time i met you i asked your wife if Tim was home..

Last edited:
isotel said:
Thanks for the info, nice setup, Georg is sending me a nice Stacked plate style cooler.. Whats the Story on that Beefy Steering U-Joint. My Afco U-joints are Junk,only got a year of use out of them :(

It cost me $72 from steering rod to box at Tractor Supply. It is a PTO shaft. I also liked the sticker on the shaft.

Rear Springs

got everything all done on the rear axle this weekend..

The Springs are FJ60 Rear Leafs Flipped and redrilled. This puts my wheelbase right over 100"

Spring hangers are made of 4x4 1/4 wall Sq tubing..
Rear Suspension.JPG
spring hanger 2.JPG
Shackle.JPG

Tranny cooler lines

Got the tranny lines run and hooked up..

3/8 hard line, i bent it up with a HF Bender..

Put a 1/2 Flare in the end at the rubber side so it all stays snug.. i dont know what to call it, but i started to make a flare, so i got a small bubble so the rubber line dosent slip off
Tranny lines2.JPG
Tranny lines.JPG
Tranny lines3.JPG

i decided to use studs in the T-case, but they are not long enughf to pull the t-case flush on the adapter, so i got take 2 or 3 out and use bolts..:frown:

even a ratchet strap couldint pull them flush
Clcoking holes.JPG

i hope my fj comes out as good as yours. thanks for the pic of the taurus fan got my mounted to day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom