Old Iron Expedition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
JP had this crazy idea a couple years ago about taking old land cruisers out on the continental divide in CO with the goal of hitting as little paved roads as possible. I was asked to go and said yes thinking there would be no way this would happen. Well 2 years later and 7 day from now we are actually going to do it. I'm not taking any of my vehicles. I was asked because I'm handy with a wrench and can cook. Who is going is JP, his father, Todd C, Me and Richard R (clemson55). What we plan on towing out there is Jp's FJ45, his dads FJ45LWB and Todd's 40. It's going to be an adventure for sure. We have a spot GPS with us and I'll share the link to it once we get going next week. We will be taking two day to get out there landing at Redline Land Cruisers in Colorado Springs Friday night. We will hit the trail sometime Sat morning making our way down south from there. I have attached where we are planning on going.

This link will post up where we are every 10 min or so.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0atNT0srsRdj2gpeOCE9xEqdtYXylkYKT

Attachments

• Day One Part 1 (1).kmz
    12 KB · Views: 154
  • Day One Part 2 (1).kmz
    14.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Day 2 Leadville to Taylor Resivior (1).kmz
    22.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Some more tracks

Attachments

• day 5 telluride headed east (1).kmz
    62.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Day 4 lake city to telluride (1).kmz
    22.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Day 3_ Taylor resivior to Lake City (1).kmz
    39.8 KB · Views: 97
And the last ones.

Attachments

• Day6 Creede to Great Summitville.kmz
    49.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Day 6 Monte to Colorado Springs (1).kmz
    70.9 KB · Views: 83
Todds 40 is going but Todd is not?

I will be uploading photos every chance possible, will probably throw them on flickr or somewhere with a link for you guys. Also some videos will undoubtedly be going up along the way.

How did you get that path to trace out on Google Earth?

Wow, Day 1 is going to be a long one for you guys. It took us almost two days cover that much ground last year.

Gabe testing his brakes last July.

DSC07094.jpg

JP had this crazy idea .

All great adventures start with that line....:beer:

Point by point. I think JP clicked those out using about 5000 points.

Yes I spent way to many late nights picking this route out, thousands and thousands of mouse clicks later we have what should prove to be an epic journey!!

Skipping Black Bear Pass too!? Or are you worried about old brakes on Old Iron?
:eek:

I am afraid of heights :hillbilly:

Look forward to following your adventure. A great route.

Thanks!! I hope you CO guys realize how lucky you are to have this kind of stuff in your backyard :beer:

continental divide in CO... FJ45...dads FJ45LWB....40.

This has to be the longest spelling for "envious" I have ever seen.

Safety, pics, stories, ideas for a second trip next year. In that order.

That is going to be an awesome trip!!! What are the odds that there will be other cruisers in CO from SC at the same time? I think we'll possibly be coming through Colorado Springs 6/29. Trying to see if we can somehow squeeze a run up Pikes Peak on the way to Ouray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom