80 series HP front axle (TX) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
EDIT
Well s*** found out last night the PO had several "incidents" with the fron axle, its not at all in good shape so im going to use mine for parts and then just part out the rest. It had two worn wheel bearings, corroded pretty bad, two rusted trunion bearings, one birf broke so they replaced it with a knock off. I figured this out when i saw a piece of the bearing cage come out with the birf....thought the birf would be gone too but no, they just didnt clean it all out.

RTV was they gasket of choice...air was also their greasse of choice...tards. So if anyone needs PARTS...lmk

I'll have to sell:
unlocked axle housing with inner axles, third member 4.10
two good spindles
one knockoff birf
pair of calipers; used but in need of rebuilding
extra brake dust covers
abs knuckle housings plus sensors

This should all be off soon..most is already off.

/edit
Selling my unlocked, non abs, High Pinion front axle. It came off my 80-series 1994 Land Cruiser with 188k miles. It has been serviced regularly as scheduled during its life by local toyota dealers. I recently did a complete rebuild at 170k with new seals, gaskets and trunion bearings...$200 in parts(have receipts)

Details worth mentioning:

• Axle was a road warrior prior to me buying the rig @ 165k, i have wheeled it maybe 4 or 5 times at local OHV parks.

• Only bad, third member seal started leaking on a trip so i rtv'd it. It is functional but not the prettiest leaking.
What is/not included:
  • front control arms
  • brake rotors/rotors
  • Axle will include no tie rods or linkage unless desired at extra cost
  • Slee castor plates, will leave installed for $140(cost)
Asking $600 obo
At this point i dont want to ship but will meet up within reasonable distance. Pics coming soon, thanks for looking:cheers:

cruiserparts056.jpg

cruiserparts054.jpg

Last edited:
New price bump@

Well s*** found out last night the PO had several "incidents" with the fron axle, its not at all in good shape so im going to use mine for parts and then just part out the rest. It had two worn wheel bearings, corroded pretty bad, two rusted trunion bearings, one birf broke so they replaced it with a knock off. I figured this out when i saw a piece of the bearing cage come out with the birf....thought the birf would be gone too but no, they just didnt clean it all out.

RTV was they gasket of choice...air was also their greasse of choice...tards. So if anyone needs PARTS...lmk

I'll have to sell:
unlocked axle housing with inner axles, third member 4.10
two good spindles
one knockoff birf
pair of calipers; used but in need of rebuilding
extra brake dust covers
abs knuckle housings plus sensors

This should all be off soon..most is already off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom