Yikes! My 2f motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They should work perfectly, far as I know, but the Bard of Burbank would be the one to ask for a definitive answer. Or, Dave, you could call Martin Davidson, from the link I posted. He is the guy who does MAFs engine parts inventory as well as their motors. He's a really good guy and very easy to talk to. He'd be the one to ask about the compression ratio.

I've never read or heard of any complaints with the HiPo MAF engine other than having to run 91+ octane gazzzoline.

IF the CR were an issue for you, Dave, in theory one could have head work done to reduce the CR, but I have no experience with that on the 2F engine.

:meh:

I think you need to restomod the engine. There was about 8 years ago a guy who rebuilt the crap out of a 2F. I suggest you read his posts under something like "Big Gay Rebuild" (seriously). Either that OR go with flat pistons and add a turbo. I would suggest running 8:1 compression and using an old Saab APC to control boost.

EDIT -

The Big Gay 2F Build

EDIT - All the pics seem to be gone. :((

Best,

T

I understand
They should work perfectly, far as I know, but the Bard of Burbank would be the one to ask for a definitive answer. Or, Dave, you could call Martin Davidson, from the link I posted. He is the guy who does MAFs engine parts inventory as well as their motors. He's a really good guy and very easy to talk to. He'd be the one to ask about the compression ratio.

I've never read or heard of any complaints with the HiPo MAF engine other than having to run 91+ octane gazzzoline.

Aye, that's it, in a nut sack!

Is Man-a-Fre in or out of business? I've seen posts mentioning a bankrupcy and the website contact page has:

"Man-A-Fre will no longer be taking phone orders or provide technical advise.
The showroom is closed and no in store pick-up with prior arrangement."

Makes ya sort of wonder if they're still a viable source, no?

No they are still in business. They only do business through email or in preson. They downsized.

Is Man-a-Fre in or out of business? I've seen posts mentioning a bankrupcy and the website contact page has:

"Man-A-Fre will no longer be taking phone orders or provide technical advise.
The showroom is closed and no in store pick-up with prior arrangement."

Makes ya sort of wonder if they're still a viable source, no?

Yes, still in business, just bought a new 28 gallon fuel tank. Very happy with the purchase, newer model with better baffling. Bought the last one!!
And yes Dave, welcome to the world of ---I can do this and I can do that, and even this. It will never end. Oh what fun it is!!!!

Yes it does Sarge. 4ea. as you know.
I will have to look into that
Thanks Sarge

If you want an example - drive an older Jag inline six , they are butter smooth at all rpm's if tuned correctly .
I built several of the DCNF setups over the years , had a source in Italy getting me new old stock carbs/parts pretty cheap - hated any of the Spanish castings .

How well does the old 308 run out ?

Sarge

Best running 308 this side of the Mississippi

If you want an example - drive an older Jag inline six , they are butter smooth at all rpm's if tuned correctly .
I built several of the DCNF setups over the years , had a source in Italy getting me new old stock carbs/parts pretty cheap - hated any of the Spanish castings .

How well does the old 308 run out ?

Sarge

There's nothing better than a well running high revving 308!
Nothing more to say just listen.

Good thing is I don't have to watch a video I actually get to drive one at my pleasure :)
Anyway, back to my FJ40 motor. I'm still working on getting the pistons I need. Spoke with the Guru @Mark A yesterday.
If I go that route, I will have to upgrade my radiator (three core radiator) and upgraded oil cooling system due to heat. I'm trying to keep this all original. So I'm not sure where to go from here. If I modify from stock, I may loose value and I'm not sure if that works for purists. :meh:

@Spike Strip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom