Looking for Input on some Seat Covers for Side Airbags- Wet Okoles, Marathon, etc. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

arcteryx

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.cruiseryard.com
I am looking to get some seat covers for my 2004. I submitted an inquiry into Marathon, they gave the below reply.

I wanted to respond to your email regarding a question about our seat covers. We do make a compensation for your airbags that exist in the seat. We sew a weaker thread on the areas from which the airbags would deploy. We are confident that an airbag would not only blow open the weaker threaded
areas, but the whole cover as well. This does not however mean that the fabric is not durable. Nylon Cordura (DuPont product) is not only 100% waterproof, but is also virtually puncture and tear proof. I hope this helps, please let me know if you should have any further questions.

Does anyone have these with SABs? Or another brand that supports SABs? I am not willing to sacrifice this safety feature, so Tuff Ducks are out. The Wet Okoles look ok and seem to support SABs

I have a set of Wet Okoles in grey for sale if you are interested.

I can't confirm either way. I guess they make one specifically for airbags, but judging from their email reply to you, I'm not entirely sure if they design all of their 100 series seat covers with the weaker threads for the SAB.

I haven't bought the Escape Gear ones yet, but probably will.

Hi Rob.

I heard back from Escape Gear. The say that the do make the U.S. Spec covers with a material flap and special red thread in the position for the air bags. They haven't tested deployment as the South African 100s don't have Aire bags. But what he did mention that their similar deployment testing on the SA 200 Series is 10 for 10 in passing. They are confident that it will work for our seats.

Cheers.

Paul May
Equipt Expedition Outfitters
Equipt1.com

I can't confirm either way. I guess they make one specifically for airbags, but judging from their email reply to you, I'm not entirely sure if they design all of their 100 series seat covers with the weaker threads for the SAB.

There should be a flap, I am guessing yours does not have it.

I haven't bought the Escape Gear ones yet, but probably will.

Those look nice. I want a proven design though, I wish they had tested them

There's always OEM leather...

There's always OEM leather...

definitely no. Mr T puts out crappy leather. Just look at the 80s, almost every one needs replaced if it hasn't been done already. I am not opposed to getting some from a place who makes good quality seat covers, but I'd still need covers to protect it. I get dirty working on cruisers

This is the option I have been looking at: Precision Fit

They look like good quality and offer different materials.

My 2004 has wet okoles and has side air bags. The seat covers on the front have an overlapping opening on the sides for the airbags to deploy (which I like). The seat covers on the back cover the rear center console completely (which I don't like). As in, my middle row no longer has a pull down armrest.

...via IH8MUD app

My 2004 has wet okoles and has side air bags. The seat covers on the front have an overlapping opening on the sides for the airbags to deploy (which I like). The seat covers on the back cover the rear center console completely (which I don't like). As in, my middle row no longer has a pull down armrest.

...via IH8MUD app

Ok, that's good to know. On their site, I saw some pics of them on a Tundra so know what the overlapping opening is and looks like. Hmm, they didn't cut out the opening for the center arm rest? Not ideal but most of the time I'll have a kid there so it won't be used anyhow.

What color did you get?

This is the option I have been looking at: Precision Fit

They look like good quality and offer different materials.

Those look pretty good! I wonder if they are true leather replacements or just covers.

Ok, that's good to know. On their site, I saw some pics of them on a Tundra so know what the overlapping opening is and looks like. Hmm, they didn't cut out the opening for the center arm rest? Not ideal but most of the time I'll have a kid there so it won't be used anyhow.

What color did you get?
Black/tan plus dirt/stain. I'll snap some pictures of my filthy interior tomorrow. I'm mid road trip. Don't judge me.

...via IH8MUD app

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom