FJ40 Drum Brake source (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

piecemeal

SILVER Star
Threads
Recently had to order some drums for all four corners of a 1974 40. Had a heck of a time locating them (of course except for Cruiser corps that wanted $80 apiece). Spoke with someone at Summit Racing and after being on the phone with him for 15 minutes, he finally found some direct from an aftermarket manufacturer, Centric Brakes for $56 apiece (free shipping over $99 from Summit Racing). I looked into Centric Brakes and they make original parts for new vehicles, so I'm hoping they're good. Apparently Beck-Arnley's are back-ordered for quite awhile. Long story short, don't waste your time looking around. Just go to Summit first. Parts Geek says have them, but 5 min after you order, they send you an email that your order was canceled due to back-order and they'll refund your credit card within 2-3 business days (totally bogus).

Just a helpful FYI, I hope....

Are you opposed to used ones and getting them turned?

Got to be plenty of these around from disk conversions and part outs.

I have at least four in good shape and soon I'll have 4 more.

Marks off road has heavy duty drums.

If you're worried about cost, I'd second the thought of getting used ones and getting them turned.
These things have tons of meat on them. I'll bet you could find them for basically free.

Yes free send me your address so I don't scrap them. Cost of shipping and there yours. I have time to send them Tuesday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom