Builds Rigger's '08 Tech & Build Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpeg

I'll need to haul some gear to Cruise Moab. This rack will fill the bill.

I also need a bracket mount fire extinguisher. And a CB radio.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444509058.029783.jpg

This was nice to have while in Moab, depending on how far out in the desert you're headed. I used three and exited with all three empty

Rigger-
Can you provide some measurements for your roof rack? I'd like to install a similar rack, but I have a roof antenna mounted at the rear. It sits about 4 inches from the roof's rear edge. The antenna base is about 3 inches tall. I'd appreciate your thoughts on whether or not I can accommodate the same Front Runner rack you have. Thanks!

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444685500.938215.jpg

Last edited:
Here you go buckaroo
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444693789.720537.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444693803.153321.jpg

Just as you requested

Thanks! It looks like it would be a tough fit.

Can the rack be installed slightly forward or rearward, or is its position pretty much determined by the mounting hardware? Perhaps drilling a hole through that back slat might work.

Last edited:
This little doodad was in the truck. Kinda looks like it goes in a cup holder. Is this a stock part? Or is it just something the PO left in the truck?
I wana say you can't make the dvd screen work with out the remote at least I haven't been able to get it up or down with out it.

You can lower the screen from the front controls

INTP sent me a remote. I have not had a chance to test it yet other than I did get it to lower the screen. When I have a spare few minutes, I'll try it out more fully.

Been a few months since I've done anything with my 2Hundy. Busy busy at work and yadda yadda yadda. You know the drill.

I read a post on the boards here somewhere that there was issues with generic lug nuts on the Rock Warrior rims. When I had Tire-Rama put my new Coopers on, they called me: "Hey, do you have lug nuts for these rims?" Um, no, I don't have them. So they installed some generics! I had sort of forgotten about it, then thought of it when I read the posting.

I got this:

IMG_4279.JPG

I also need to get going on installing a fire extinguisher, and my CB. Gotta get ready for Cruise Moab.

:bounce2:

Been a few months since I've done anything with my 2Hundy. Busy busy at work and yadda yadda yadda. You know the drill.

I read a post on the boards here somewhere that there was issues with generic lug nuts on the Rock Warrior rims. When I had Tire-Rama put my new Coopers on, they called me: "Hey, do you have lug nuts for these rims?" Um, no, I don't have them. So they installed some generics! I had sort of forgotten about it, then thought of it when I read the posting.

I got this:

View attachment 1210707

After having my SECOND wheel-lock key break this weekend...making it impossible to completely clear the mud from calipers, etc....
-I'm giving up on Wheel locks...as it's no fun to be stranded with a flat, or other issue like above.

I just ordered 5 more RW lugs, and will be throwing the locks in the pooper...
Same thing happened with my 100. All it takes is one tire rotation re-mount at a shop where they torque it too hard...and boom. Wheel lock key breaks.

So...If you see my truck...you should be able to steal me RWs no prob! ;)

On a happy note?

Ordered them on Amazon.com yesterday at noon...DELIVERED SAME DAY!! No shipping charge via Amazon Prime. How they do that??

When I took a class with Bill Burke years ago, he advised against wheel locks as they can get damaged offroad an make for unnecessary headaches in the bush. As such, I don't run them on my 4R (will likely keep them on my LC until any mods occur).

Sorry, didn't mean to step on your thread, @Rigger.

The first thing I do when I get a vehicle is get rid of the wheel locks. If someone wants to steal your tires they can break the wheel locks off.

Remember, Bill drives a Land Rover :D

Thanks for these tips. On your advice, I'll bag these locks and get a few more of the regular lug nuts.

The first thing I do when I get a vehicle is get rid of the wheel locks. If someone wants to steal your tires they can break the wheel locks off.

Remember, Bill drives a Land Rover :D

Pretty impressive that you can drive a Land Rover with your wheels stolen! ;)

(My Wheels locks come off TODAY!!!)

I'm going to increase tire size.

I have Cooper Discoverer AT3's in the 285-70 size, on the RW 17" rims.

They make this same tire in a 295, 305, & 315.

What do my MUD colleagues think? How much bigger could I go?

(I have OME heavy and Slee control arms.)

You should be fine with a 33" tire. IIRC, 13" width is probably going to be the upper limit. Best check the tire size database to be sure. I think I ran 295/65s with just a small amount of rubbing.

I'm going to increase tire size.

I have Cooper Discoverer AT3's in the 285-70 size, on the RW 17" rims.

They make this same tire in a 295, 305, & 315.

What do my MUD colleagues think? How much bigger could I go?

(I have OME heavy and Slee control arms.)
with it lifted already the main limiting factor at this point will proly be the KDSS arm, if I remember correctly you can go up to about 33.5(ish)and then you'll start hitting it. My guess would be the 295's and 305's would fit no prob at all. I think the 315's would require the KDSS relocation kit from Slee and would also be rubbing on the UCA, just my 2 cents...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom