What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (82 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced 185,000 miles old AHC fluid this morning. Ride quality improved and I went from 9 gradations to 11 in the reservoir.

Installed an Engo 12k winch.

101015_winch_installed.jpg

Also replaced the center console - the PO had kinda beaten mine up a bit. It wasn't awful, but $130 well spent, imo.

101015_new_console.jpg

(the old console is spoken for)

Last edited:
Drivers side exhaust manifold. 6-8 hours at a leisurely pace.

Needed to add an e10 torx for the studs to my tool box and ratcheting flex head wrench was also money well spent.

Nice and quiet now.

Also replaced the center console - the PO had kinda beaten mine up a bit. It wasn't awful, but $130 well spent, imo.

101015_new_console.jpg

... which means if anyone needs a 2003 center console, it's yours - you pay shipping. Here's the old one:

old_console.jpg
So, I'm curious. I have a '98 LX470 and the cup holders seem small. Are these any larger? I alway carry a Nalgene of water around with me, and it doesn't even remotely fit in mine. Does something that big fit in these?

The check engine light came on, so I replaced bank 1 & bank 2 heated oxygen sensors. It only needed one, but figured I'd get them both at the same time. Super easy to do. I found the Denso sensors on Amazon for $42 each shipped.

101015_new_console.jpg

(the old console is spoken for)
Keep us posted on how well it holds up. I replaced mine a few years ago and it seems like anything that touches it either scars, scratches, or discolors it. Wondering if I just got one from a bad batch. Thinking of getting another one but wondering if what I experienced is just the way it's going to be.

Where did you order yours?

Thanks

Keep us posted on how well it holds up. I replaced mine a few years ago and it seems like anything that touches it either scars, scratches, or discolors it. Wondering if I just got one from a bad batch. Thinking of getting another one but wondering if what I experienced is just the way it's going to be.

Where did you order yours?

Thanks
Will do.

Bought it here: FRONT CONSOLE for 2003 Toyota Land Cruiser

Screwed with the parking brake all weekend. I had replaced most of the parts on each side (disintegrating bell crank, etc.) this week and got them functioning correctly, but then would get intermittent shuddering while driving, as if a wheel was about to fall off. Turns out the center cable link thingy that compresses the cable was seized where it connects to the rear axle instead of freely pivoting. As such applying the brake you would not be guaranteed that the bell cranks would be returned to their normal position. I freed that up, readjusted the cable and shoes on both sides, and a I'm really hoping I got it right this time. The parking brake on this thing is truly maddening.

Also did the front shocks with OEM replacements (31.00/side, incredible). Sawzalled the top nut off and did both sides in under an hour. Did the rears last week and that process was much worse but we have new shocks on all 4 corners now.

Then it was on to the spare tire carrier. Totally frozen up, I shot it up with penetrating oil and eventually got the tire to lower. Nice victory. Lubed the heck out of the mechanism with white lithium grease. Went to fill the tire up with air only to notice a nail in the spare tire! Incredible. Would have been double-screwed if I would have needed the tire in an emergency. Pulled the nail out and sealed the hole with a tubeless repair kit, re-inflated, re-installed.

New shocks. 5 way tire rotate. Touched up wheel well undercoating. Lubed drive shaft. Got windshield chip epoxied. Upped tire pressures for upcoming 1000 mile road trip. Sat next to the lake drinking negro modelos listening to the grateful dead. 125 square miles of water and no one else around.

1444607277190.jpg

1444607296988.jpg

Change oil for the first time, transfer case fluid and drain and fill the transmission with Mobil 1. Next is flushing coolant, and that complete the fluid base-lining.

Find out that I am missing the little plastic cover for where the oil drain is. Also seems that the transmission pan is seeping a little fluid.

Chris

Driving home from a wedding Friday night, and stopped at a red light the truck started running rough and the check engine light came on. I pulled out my phone and opened the Torque app. Ran a code scan to see that it was a misfire on the number 1 cylinder. I pulled over and changed the coil pack and the spark plug with new ones I carry just in case.....in a suit.....with a G&T in hand. 2 minutes later I was on my way. Easy peasy.

Could you make a video of these at dusk. Also can the guy do more sets or was this a one off sort of thing.

Redman, I'll be happy to get some footage when I have a minute. This was a one-off as he had never done a Land Cruiser before, but I'm sure he'd be happy to do a few more in exchange for money :) Although now I feel pretty special having one of the few quad-projector LC's around, and I think I'm the only one with the DRL strip, it really does look like it should have come out of the factory this way.

Didn't do anything lately, but last night I had a dream that I shipped my hundy to Slee for the works. Then I woke up.

Got my new Doug Thorley catback exhaust installed today, very happy with it. Much deeper note than the Borla, and definitely more aggressive tone.

Sold PaulLX470 my old Borla which he had installed today as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom