Multi-Function Gauge Recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently picked up an '88 FJ62 which is all stock. I'd like to add the ability to monitor oil pressure, water temperature, and trans temp, but I don't want gauges cluttering the dash. I'd like to find a 2 1-16" digital gauge that can display all 3 readings, even if one at a time. Any recommendations?

I like the idea of a single gauge, but you'd have to toggle between the values you are monitoring.

Not the answer you wanted, but I have an old mini-panel of 3 gauges that mounts under the dash. I have considered installing this, in that they are nice, reliable mechanical gauges and are pretty subtle. Much like this - the 1.5" gauges: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sun-cp8218/overview/

I would agree that those are the cheapest and most reliable route, I just have not seen an install in a 62 that looks good/clean/stock enough for me to move in that direction.

I have found these options, but am still unsure if they will work for what I am after. The second seems to be the best option. Maybe mount it in the clock location?

PLX Multi Gauge

Zada Tech Multi-Function LED Gauge Display

Thoughts on the above?

Take a look at TRUCK PILLARS.COM. I wish I would of seen this pillar mount before I put mine in the radio area. A little pricey but still nice.

I'm happy with my setup. It is an H55 so I worry more about EGTs than trans temps and put a pyro front and center.

VDO makes great marine gauges and they're responsive like most aftermarket. I want to do their speedo that has builtin leds for signals, ebrake and one or two you can set as warnings.

The downside of a toggled display is you may not see if something is wrong until it's too late.

IMG_2591.jpg

I recently picked up an '88 FJ62 which is all stock. I'd like to add the ability to monitor oil pressure, water temperature, and trans temp, but I don't want gauges cluttering the dash. I'd like to find a 2 1-16" digital gauge that can display all 3 readings, even if one at a time. Any recommendations?
Just to be a contrarian...your stock dash already has gauges for oil pressure and water temp. So, adding one gauge for tranny temp and bam you are good to go!

I don't know if I would call those gauges as much as on/off lights...

I've seen lots of people dissing the stock gauges, but I wonder why? Is it because they don't have numbers? I can add numbers with a sharpie.

Mostly because they don't move. If you saw them compared to aftermarket it is pretty obvious why they aren't as desirable. Numbers are also important but secondary. For example I see 55psi oil on startup, I see it climb to around 60 on cruising at higher rpm, down to 25 after an offramp coming to a stop. I have a much better idea of what is going on with the truck and when something isn't right and I can compare numbers to other examples or targets.

It is day and night.

40s are even worse. My pressure gauge will not move whether I am 3qts low or at the full line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom