Rank Amateur Painting HJ60: ISO Advisors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks folks!

I'm putting my rear sliding windows back in, but as with everything, I run into questions. There was really messy butyl between the window frame and the pinch weld. I've done a bunch of searching on the forum and mudders are saying butyl is an outdated adhesive. Can anyone please recommend a specific adhesive they suggest for sticking the window frames to the car body?

Also, I could never find the little wedge shaped "window packing" things. I ordered them from one source, but then got a message that they were discontinued. I'm not sure if they're even necessary if I use a good enough adhesive.

Thanks again for all the advice!

Sarah

I'd recommend going to your local autobody shop and see what they recommend or an auto-glass guy and see if they'll sell you a tube- it usually requires an industrial grade caulk gun for the more viscous stuff. Sikka is a 1st rate product but usually needs to be kept warm. I've installed the fronts with it and a different brand as well, both are messy, use tape to mask off the paint and window, wear gloves and have some recommended solvent to clean up and lots of rags.. I'm not sure about the wedge thing.. Does it go in the rubber molding?

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428858852.263000.jpg

All back together and on the road again! Thanks to everyone who helped me out with parts, links, and advice. I could not have done this without MUD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom