The Coleman Thread (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you pick it up at my house it's free.

Otherwise, trust me, it isn't worth shipping. You will find one locally. I shipped a 426C to FJ60Cam and just finding a huge box, sufficient packing, and shipping was a huge PIA. I felt so bad about the shipping cost I didn't even charge him the $10 I paid for it. But the stories that one could tell-straight out of the meth lab to Graceland.
Then I will be looking--more vigilant than before

I stopped by Twin City Surplus today looking for some stuff for work. In a corner of the outside yard I found this $20 each.

20151006_100449_zpstkpgtbkw.jpg

There were a couple of modle 4M stoves in the pile.
If you look on the second shelf from the top on the right there is a military stove burner. That sucker would make one hell of a flat top trail stove.

I think you got robbed. tell ya what, I'll give you 20 for it so it don't burn so bad and promise to not tell anyone you got suckered

jk, you did gooooood!

Well after following this thread I ended up buying a never used 425E for $25.00. What do you guys think?

425s of that era are super common and excellent in every way. That stove will last you for decades with essentially no effort. 425s in particular are very fuel efficient/compact. Have fun, but don't be afraid to use it. You can use it every trip in the Cruiser for 20 years and it will still be perfect.

I have about 10 Colemans.

Last yr I bought a lantern that didn't work, and now I know about everything about them.
Fount was rusty on inside.... some steel shot, WD40 and lots of spinning and it shines on the inside.

Picked up a Coleman oven (Silver and goes on Stove) that I have yet to master, but looking forward to baking cinnamon rolls and pizzas camping. People have even roasted turkeys in them!

One of these days will convert a standard lantern over to Kerosene, but leaving that for a winter project.

The old Colemans are a lot of fun for a little bit of money if you know how to use Craigslist.

every bit as rewarding and much less expensive than restomodding old cruisers...

Got a cool new stove. The 418 was Coleman's first 3 burner, and this was a "B: from a couple of years in. This one is roughly 1938!

What's awesome is the details. Cast iron burner, nickel plating on the valve assembly and generator, and spring loaded closure latch.

It's actually a better design with the main burner on the end rather than the middle, and the front controls for the secondary burners are very nice.

It actually lit right up on the first try. Flame pics later.

1445995937975.jpg

1445995957676.jpg

Last edited:
That 418 is SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWEEEEET!!

so is 50 bucks too rich for a once used 413? I'm eyeing a model 200 red lantern, for 35 and/or the 426 for 20 bucks....I was wondering where the old school large frame 3 burner stoves were...good score, Drew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom