1985 HJ75 Pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:lol: Some of us know better ;)

I was listening to Led Zeppelin at the time of the photo which explains the glowing antennae.
image.jpg

Another project ...... The seam sealer on the forward portion of the rear bed is showing it's age and needs to be removed and replaced
image.jpg
with new product. I guess 30 years is a decent life expectancy.

^ Probably can pass more gas stations than my PW :lol:

If I were to ever consider a Tacoma it would be this generation. Sometimes I wonder what the guys at Toyota are drinking as I look at their new vehicles.
image.jpg

Charles was your 45 as arduous on a long drive as your 75 is?
I had to Google arduous ...... :)
My HJ45 had the "H" diesel which was a real slug so from that standpoint the HJ75 (2H-T) is far more roadworthy. Both lack adequate legroom for long trips so they both suck in that regard.
I spent 13 hours in the cab to complete the Cullman trip and I'm still limping slightly. : )

Last edited:
So the 45 was as uncomfortable as the 75 on long trips? Or is it simply time for you to invest in a pimped out walker?

So the 45 was as uncomfortable as the 75 on long trips? Or is it simply time for you to invest in a pimped out walker?
That pimped out walker sounds appealing.
If you want comfort in a Cruiser I would probably look for a 80 Series. :)

Thanks for the suggestion but I need a truck ( I don't want to make the same mistake you did and sell my 45). I was just attempting to gauge the ride quality I can expect with my rig when I have it completed. I'm hoping the adjustments I'm making will equate to better long distance ride comfort than what you currently are experiencing in you 75.

"76 FJ40 ...... ( I don't want to make the same mistake you did and sell my 45)
..... Ouch
Ride quality really isn't the issue (the new shocks and steering damper from Terrain Tamer made a significant difference).
Lack of legroom is the issue.
Having said that, I'll be at next Fall's 70 Series gathering and will most likely drive the 75 Series
since it's all I currently own. : )

Last edited:
No jabs intended Charles. I try to learn from the errors of others. I don't have enough time commit all mistakes myself (although sometimes it looks like I'm working on doing just that). Buy switching to LHD, installing a late model 45/43 seat that will be overstuffed and raised I hope to fix the leg room issue. Since I'm not an altogether tall person it shouldn't take too much effort to accomplish this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom