Sun visor option/retrofit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I did some searching, found a few posts on here of what people have done with their sun visors.

I obviously want the Rosen ones that ICON uses, but nah. Not spending that much cash on them.

Mine aren't sagging badly, but the upholstery is kinda dirty, I don't use the mirror and I basically just want something sturdier.

So I wanted to probe the experts to see if y'all had any suggestions. Retro fit to something sturdier would be ideal, no just a OEM replacement.

Thanks!

Am in a similar situation. Looking forward to hearing what options are out there. Thanks for posting.

I think some people have done write ups here using Tundra or Sequoia visors. I think some one showed that certain year Mustang visors work well too.

I found the super magnet thread once and can't seen to again, can you post a link?

I put a couple super magnets on each side in headliner wrapped with electric tape on all but bottom. Then I ran a bolt with washers on both sides through visor. Then 2 more magnets, I can put stuff between them. Very handy.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I think the 100 Series LC also fit. Might be an option.

I think the 100 Series LC also fit. Might be an option.
They fit with some sanding of the arm and visor holder. It's what i'm using.

Can an upholstery shop make them? Or re-cover the existing visors?

When mine fail I will remove them and take to Upholstery shop to be wrapped in Vinyl.

I replaced both of mine for exactly the same reason, drooping. I used small bungee cords to hold them up for a couple of years. I finally bought non-US OEM ones (gray) from Cruiserparts.net . They don't have the vanity light or mirrors, but I don't use them anyway. At the time they were $75 each, about a year ago.

I replaced both of mine for exactly the same reason, drooping. I used small bungee cords to hold them up for a couple of years. I finally bought non-US OEM ones (gray) from Cruiserparts.net . They don't have the vanity light or mirrors, but I don't use them anyway. At the time they were $75 each, about a year ago.

I finally replace my drivers side visor last week and wish I did it a year and a half ago when my original final gave up the ghost. So worth the $75.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom