Building a bed in the back of a 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, I've always been an RV enthusiast, but I've been steadily downsizing the last few years. Now I'm to the point where I just want it to be my LC200 and me. I'd like to know how others have outfitted their 200s to be self-contained, stealth expedition vehicles. Fortunately I'm only 5'5" tall, so I can just squeeze into the back end with the seat tipped forward for sleeping, but I'm wondering how others have outfitted their Cruisers for extended traveling. I can see putting a basket on the roof, maybe even a tent, but not much more in the way of external mods. Pictures most appreciated.

One easy way is to get rid of the 3rd row put in a drawer system that's level when the 2nd row is folded down and that should be good for 1-2 adults or 4 dogs in my case ;)
20150810_233701.jpg

Never had much time to camp out but I've built a trailer to haul a cooler and everything i need when we go out to bbq to keep the cruiser empty.
IMG_8400.JPG

Last edited:
Pretty sure Coleman makes an air mattress that fits in the back, if you can build that storage area like above that is the same height as the middle row folded down, you can put the mattress on top of that

I wish I could sleep in the back of my Cruiser but at 6'4" that's not going to happen.

I wish I could sleep in the back of my Cruiser but at 6'4" that's not going to happen.
I'm 6'4 also, I know what your saying! We put an air mattress in the back of the Cruiser and then left the lower tail gate down at upper one closed, it worked for the night:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom