Trollholes Shop FST 67 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
So a friend found this truck in Texas sitting out in a field. I now own it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Somewhat cleaned up back at the shop.

image.jpeg

The plan is to treat the rust and clearcoat it. It's a factory soft top model pretty complete.

image.jpeg

Interesting part on it I've never seen on a cruiser. Wanted to see if anyone has seen this before. It's a drain for the heater hose.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Please tell me the stock wheels will be going back on. Also flip the bezel. Not seen drain like that. Only cruiser I've own during period that style heater was used were 65 pickup and LV. Both were non models. My 68 is 9/67 and didn't have that drain. Owned since 7/74 and was still original. It didn't have the optional rear heater but the used one I picked up from a junkyard was either a 70 or 71 and had a inline drain in the rubber hose. With a drain at that height on the firewall not sure how much you would gain over just removing the hose at the tee in the pipe by the water pump inlet. Also what is the hose to the right in the picture?

Please tell me the stock wheels will be going back on. Also flip the bezel. Not seen drain like that. Only cruiser I've own during period that style heater was used were 65 pickup and LV. Both were non models. My 68 is 9/67 and didn't have that drain. Owned since 7/74 and was still original. It didn't have the optional rear heater but the used one I picked up from a junkyard was either a 70 or 71 and had a inline drain in the rubber hose. With a drain at that height on the firewall not sure how much you would gain over just removing the hose at the tee in the pipe by the water pump inlet. Also what is the hose to the right in the picture?
Yes stock wheels will be going back on. The originals were too far gone they were completely rotten where the bottom half was in the ground. Wish I could find a set of early hubcaps that are rusted and would play the part. I do have these I could rock. They belong to a friend who wants me to sell them. Maybe I'm that person.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hose to the right I believe is the cowl drain.

I've got a whole host of things I'm going to need. Like the lower radiator hard pipe. It has a drain nipple on it as well.
Got to find a gas tank.
A early water pump. Mine is seized.
Going to need a front bench seat.
Just to start off.

Can't decide if I want to completely refurbish the engine compartment back to new but leave the rest as is or just replace the rubber bits and rock it. There is just something sexy about a F motor with fresh paint, yellow zinc plated parts and new stickers.

Last edited:
DO THE SPLITS!!! They are sexy :grinpimp:

I like where your head is at Troll, I think cool patina on the out side and shiney factory correct engine bay make for a nice contrast and pop. Thats the plan on my new '65

Thanks Jp for the tips on the brake and clutch masters. Going to need those.

A battery, new dizzy, plugs and wires and she woke up from her 30 year nap.

I think you must have a good friend. I would definitely buy those wheels but I would like the other taco wheels back:beer::worms:

Lol a very good friend.

I only get to spend a few min a day working on it due to my backload of work.

All I've done to get it this far is about an hrs worth of work. Half of that was yanking the dizzy and priming the oil pump to make sure I had oil to the top end. Amazingly the sd40 carb accelerator pump still works after 30 years sitting. Pulled the valve cover and the valve train is mint. Just goes to show how well Toyota built these motors.

image.jpeg

It looks like the head was taken off at some point but never never run after that. All the interior head bolts still had tool marks on them.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
This is the heater hose setup in the cab. I've never seen a Y heater hose like this. Usually they are brass. Some clamps are factory and some aren't.

image.jpeg

So a friend found this truck in Texas sitting out in a field. I now own it.

View attachment 1143988

View attachment 1144290
Somewhat cleaned up back at the shop.

View attachment 1143992

The plan is to treat the rust and clearcoat it. It's a factory soft top model pretty complete.

View attachment 1143997

Interesting part on it I've never seen on a cruiser. Wanted to see if anyone has seen this before. It's a drain for the heater hose.

View attachment 1144000

I had the same drain units on a 3/1969 FJ40. I had to remove them as they were leaking. I believe they were stock and I still have mine somewhere.

"Interesting part on it I've never seen on a cruiser. Wanted to see if anyone has seen this before. It's a drain for the heater hose."

I have that drain valve in my 7/69 FJ40. It is located inline with the rear heated hose. If i remember correctly, it has its own drain hole in the floor between the tool box and the gas tank. I also have one of those valves that came in a box of parts in Cruiser that i bought years ago.

Nice find!

very cool! love the tires but they seem to say Jeep Service on them......just not sure how that will work out..;)

great find! My 66 had the same stock HH drain but not the "Y". Drain had the clear molded/formed tubing.
Looking forward to seeing pics!!!!

I painted the rims. Now just waiting for it to stop raining.:(

Also debating on keeping the old rotten tank and just cutting out the bottom and installing a fuel cell.

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom