OPT7 LED Headlight Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I put some in my fog lights just to try it out, and the beam pattern... isn't a pattern anymore. I'd be worried that the same would happen with your headlights, and I bet it will. It's really unfortunate with all this awesome technology in bulbs coming out, but we just can't make good use of it with reflector headlights.

Thanks yota - I was afraid of that. Guess I'll go with some Silver Stars for now until I can do projectors.

Thanks @SmoothLC - I was trying to find that thread. Looks like Amazon will not have the 9011's in stock for 1 to 3 months! Will look to source them elsewhere.

I tossed them in my rig as my low beam bulbs. On my trip out to Moab I had truckers bright me as I passed them. It was annoying. These suckers are bright.
I've had them for about a month now and the passenger side led, which consists of 4 diodes, two of the four have stopped working.
Nice illumination. I like them just not wild about the two diodes going out.

I tossed them in my rig as my low beam bulbs. On my trip out to Moab I had truckers bright me as I passed them. It was annoying. These suckers are bright.
I've had them for about a month now and the passenger side led, which consists of 4 diodes, two of the four have stopped working.
Nice illumination. I like them just not wild about the two diodes going out.
Well, if people flash you, it means that you are sending light where there shouldn't be any. Did you compare the pattern between standard halogen bulbs and the led bulbs? How much scatter is there above the cutoff, and how sharp is the cutoff? Pics?

I wish I had some night shots to share with you guys so you could see. I do have video while on the white rim trail but its a big video. Truth be told, I just don't think as many people are use to seeing LED's yet and so they must think you have your Hi beams on. I felt bad for truckers but those were my low beams and had no other option of illumination.

I do have a few day shots attached and if you look close you can see the intensity of the light being emitted from those bulbs even in the day light. In short these are not a bad purchase. I like them, they work, I'll buy another set if there's no warranty to replace my passenger side diodes, as its not much more than any other brand of bulbs. put it this way - my wife wants some in her minivan for night time driving.

scatter / pattern / cut off - I'm not about to pretend I can effectively answer you inquiries - sorry @uHu

email4220.jpg

email5003.jpg

scatter / pattern / cut off - I'm not about to pretend I can effectively answer you inquiries - sorry @uHu
Easy enough to check it - just back up about 20' on level ground from a wall - there should be a distinct cutoff at ~34" for most trucks. If you have a diffuse (soft cutoff) or no real obvious cutoff line, you're likely blinding other people, not unlike those who drop HID bulbs into reflector housings.

Some people don't seem to care if their bright headlights blind oncoming drivers, despite the fact it's illegal in all 50 states.

I'd recommend checking it - if truckers are getting splash / glare, you're likely operating illegally and could very well be at fault for an accident.

I'll do that and see what the results are. Thank you

@hankinid thanks - do you have any issues with blinding people with the HID's? Searching here and on the web leads me to believe that the LED and HID both have cutoff issues in a traditional reflector housing like the LC has.

@hankinid thanks - do you have any issues with blinding people with the HID's? Searching here and on the web leads me to believe that the LED and HID both have cutoff issues in a traditional reflector housing like the LC has.
RND1, you're welcome.

I've had the HID's for maybe the last 3 years or so, and I've never been flashed. I did line up the LX on my driveway and taped down where I parked as well as the original low beam pattern on the garage door prior to installing the HID's. After installation, I saw zero difference in the cutoff's marked on the door...maybe just a bit lucky but that's how it turned out.

I definitely should have noted that the truck I referred to is the LX (with oem stock projector low beams) that my wife drives.

Sorry for any confusion.

Steve

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444353977.209548.jpg

This is at a distance of 6'
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444354009.827808.jpg

And this is at a distance of 25'
What do you make of this?
Legit or nope
Thanks

Tape measure reads 4' to top of the beam / darkness break

Last edited:
And this is at a distance of 25'
What do you make of this?
Legit or nope
Thanks

Tape measure reads 4' to top of the beam / darkness break
That cutoff loks surprisingly good to me. That said, I prefer cutoff height of 34" so your getting flashed might just be that they are adjusted a bit high. Easy enough to adjust.

I'm impressed that the reflectors aren't throwing more glare above the cutoff.

@Willy beamin that looks like something you'd see from a projector lens - that's a pretty sharp cutoff from a reflector. I decided to go with the HIR set of bulbs for now. If I'm not happy with those, at least it looks like these LED's are now a viable option.

Is the 200 reflector design different from the 100?

@Willy beamin that looks like something you'd see from a projector lens - that's a pretty sharp cutoff from a reflector. I decided to go with the HIR set of bulbs for now. If I'm not happy with those, at least it looks like these LED's are now a viable option.

Is the 200 reflector design different from the 100?
I do not know - wish I had better info for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom