Who has done this? Run OME L shocks & stock springs or 851 mediums w/37s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GW Nugget

Do the best you can with what you have...
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
OME L shocks & OEM (stock) springs or 851 mediums with 37" tires, who has done this?

Last edited:
Drop the bump stops and get out the sawzall!

Yes a sawsall will work.
But the key with the long L shock is to run a coil with a free height of 20" in front & 19.5" in rear or more to retain the coil at full extension, no matter the ride height.

So, has anyone done this?

Last edited:
Is this subject matter all worn out & I just need to search or is this such an odd thought?

After reading the "If I was to start all over again" thread it got me curious enough to throw my stock springs back in to see if all the talk of not lifting was all about. I put OME medium lift on then 315s on later.
So now I have stock LX coils & 25mm coil spacers & a 1" body lift. Sort of a 2" lift. All my shocks extended 27" & have 3 to 4 inches of up travel at ride height. With the spring spacers installed, the springs stay retained, they would not without spacers. With 2" of bump space gap that I now have is a bit short. I hit the bump stops more often compared the the 851/860 lift that has 4" of bump space gap.

The lower COG is awesome & the steering is back to normal.
20151010_153610.jpg

Last edited:
Bump stop length needed would negate the whole set-up. Do 850/860 with L's or the longer Fox's. Stick bump stocks should be good and still get max droop. What you need, and I could never get, is the static height of the front and rear with no springs or shocks installed. Bump stops sitting on spring perches. That will be the MAX compression. Then measure yur spring free height, add the distance to shock mounts. That'll be your MAX extension.

yep, with those extras, std coils aint gunna cut it.

I ran 37s with 3" lift back in 2007, on ROOBY with our slinky coils, 30mm [1 1/4"] rear bump spacer and 12" stroke shocks.

mccrae80-214.jpg

I ran 37s 35's with 3" lift back in 2007, on ROOBY with our slinky coils, 30mm [1 1/4"] rear bump spacer and 12" stroke shocks.
Sounds perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom