17 and 18 inch wheel options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there any good 17 or 18 inch OEM Toyota wheels that are a good bolt on option for the FZJ80? It looks last me the 17 fj cruiser steelies work well. How is s the backspacing on these? I would rather stick with a OEM rim that I can find used afordable than some going rim. My main thinking that is that with 17 or 18 I could run 285/75 or 295/75 or something and have a 34ish tire that is still not as wide as a 315 or as big as a true 35. It might be fine with out a regear, maybe.

Yes. Lots. All the 4 runner and tacoma's fit albeit with an extra inch of back spacing. Spacers not required and aesthetically not needed without flares.

I've read and personally experienced the fjc steelies poor lip design rolling beads easier

I almost grabbed some 18" 4runner wheels last week but only cause I found a great deal on 36" km2s for 18" wheel.

That close to a 315 I doubt you'd tell the difference. Maybe from lighter tires but .5" won't make much difference in your opinion of needing to regear.

I have FJC steelies; 285/70/17. I like the look.
Any chance you could post up some pictures? Did you get them locally from a business at a good price or did you just find them from a individual? I am in Atlanta so not to far from North GA.

prius 17s work well and get me 5mpg better with 37" Toyos ......

image.jpg

I like the 8 hole alloys that came on the fj cruiser and 4Runner trail.

Thanks for the tips guys. I looked on the local CL and there is a nice set of 17"rims for sale now at a decent price. The same ones Summit Cruiser Jr is using i think. I love those wheels. But then i checked the price of Toyo MT in 285/75/17 and the are way more expensive than the 285/75/16. Basically $100 more EACH. I would love to go from a 33 to a 34 and keep it kind of skinny, but wow that is $500 more on a already expensive tire when i buy a set of 5.

Heres some fjcruiser steelies in 17" painted grey on the 40. You can sometimes find them rather cheap $250-300 a set

View attachment 1144706

Thats a great picture. I like the grey steelies. Kind of what i had in mind. The Aluminum wheels i found on CL locally are about the same price. But man the 17" tires are a bunch more money. with 17" i would want the 285/75/17 which i think are about perfect for my needs.
PS whats up with the 55? did someone put the bed on the back of it or is that a pick up version from the factory?

Thats a great picture. I like the grey steelies. Kind of what i had in mind. The Aluminum wheels i found on CL locally are about the same price. But man the 17" tires are a bunch more money. with 17" i would want the 285/75/17 which i think are about perfect for my needs.
PS whats up with the 55? did someone put the bed on the back of it or is that a pick up version from the factory?
Check out the link in his signature for the info on the 55 ;)

i run 17" cragar soft 8s

cheap and easy to get, not terribly light being steel...

I run 17" MB wheels from Discount Tire. They were originally on an FJC. They are an 8.5 wide rim and carry my Cooper STT 37s very nice. I don't need any spacers to make them fit the wheel wells when totally stuffed. I did have to trim some plastic from the trailing edge of my rear flairs.

Heres some fjcruiser steelies in 17" painted grey on the 40. You can sometimes find them rather cheap $250-300 a set

What size rubber you running and does the tire crown lots? Worried about a wider tire on the 7.5 wide rim and excessive center wear.

View attachment 1144706

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom