Just got a 100, trying to diagnose the issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bearden Automotive off of McNeil. Ask for Josh and tell them I sent you. When I was there, there were 4 100 series, 1 80 and 1 40. They mainly do the newer stuff though (EFI and newer).

chances are you could have broke it free from the top just by forcing it down a bit more a couple times... I deal with many engines that have sat for sometimes YEARS and it is pretty common to have a "stuck valve"... most I get to run fine with just breaking the valves free...

True. But I had no idea if it was broken or burned. I used seafoam and pushed on it with no luck. Hindsight is 20/20 though. Hopefully this will help future owners and maybe they can break it free if this happens.

No problem. They are like the mechanic's mechanic. the owner and his lead tech both worked at Lexus of Austin years ago. Jeff started his shop numerous years ago. Til this day, they still get numerous mechanics, including mechanics at Lexus of Austin calling them on how to diagnose of fix things. That tells you something, or at least it does for me.

I picked it up today and drove to the inspection station. It drove nice. On the way, the CEL came on. It failed due to a p0135, which is the Bank 2 upstream 02 sensor, the same side as the stuck #6. I called Bearden to see if this was something that they did or a downstream problem now that the head/timing is fixed. They said it makes sense since o2 sensor most likely got mucked up with all of the unburnt fuel. The wife is picking up one locally I bought online and I will replace it tonight.

Replaced the 02 sensor, that is the easiest one I have ever done. It must be pay-forward for the previous ones I've messed with. It was actually finger-loose, all I had to do was unscrew it with my hand. I put the new one in, took 15 minutes for everything, going slowly. A 1/2 :banana: job. This style is much better than the flange type on earlier cruisers.

I then reassembled the interior- I took the rear seat out to disconnect the fuel pump- and then went for a 25 minute spin. No CEL, so the wife will go up tomorrow for a re-test.

Another update- Failed emissions because I had 2 Not Ready systems . In TX, you can have no more than 1 in that state. I got a p0420 code after driving awhile, so I replaced both DS 02 sensors. I also put in a new battery as the one was a little weak. I drove it 11 miles before all but 1 was Not ready. Headed over to the inspection station and passed. Will get some plates next week.

I do need some brakes/rotors, so will be getting some of those this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom