Injector leaking fuel from the body (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since replacing my injectors my truck has been starting like it's running on 5 cylinders. Give it a little throttle and it clears right up, but idles with a little skip. I looked at the injectors today and at least #1 was wet. I wiggled it and it squirted fuel from the body. I'm assuming that's not normal...

Another new thread eh? :)

Anyhow, the injectors sit in a pocket on the head side and in the rail at the other side. Both ends have o-rings and grommets etc. They need to be seated PROPERLY. Was new rubber for each end supplied/used? Did you re-use the old rubber? Did you insert each injector and ensure it didn't pinch the rubber - gently rotate each one? When installing the rail you tighten down a little and then rotate each injector to ensure it is sitting correctly in rubber - a little dielectric grease etc helps to ensure they are sitting nicely and not pinching. There's some care that needs to be used since you are trying to line up 6 injectors that are 'floating' in rubber.

cheers,
george.

Yeah... I figured new problem, new thread since it's sort of unrelated to my other issues. I did liberally lube all the rubber bits with petroleum jelly and I was gentle with the install. I just ordered new intake gaskets from my local dealership. I'm going to take it apart again... How long will the fuel system hold pressure after its shut down?

Well, if you don't have a leak then it will hold for quite a while in the fuel rail.

DID you get new rubber for the injectors? I can't imagine they are all leaking unless you mangled each and every rubber grommet or didn't seat the fuel rail properly using the hard plastic standoffs. It's not like you can over-seat the injectors since the fuel rail can only flush sit on the standoffs.

cheers,
george.

All the injectors were remanufactured units from Rock Auto and all had new rubbers on them.

Well, then something is wrong with their installation. Rubbers pinched, fuel rail not seated, pockets not cleaned carefully... They should NOT leak.

I assume when you wrote that it pissed fuel out when you wiggled that it's coming out at either end (the seals)?

When I sent my 5 out for cleaning/testing etc (one was dead and replaced with a new toyota OEM via CDAN) they came back with new rubber. I played it safe and used new toyota OEM rubber/seals instead since it's pretty cheap and only wanted to do the job once.

cheers,
george

I had an injector leak and a pinched seal on initial install of mine. The seals provided by the shop that cleaned them didn't fit as well as OEM seals and pinched easier. I'd recommend getting some OEM seals to use when you re-install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom