CUSTOM BUMPERS FOR SALE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

that shop sounds awesome, good luck with the house hunting

that shop sounds awesome, good luck with the house hunting

I vote for the Provost!!

Seriously though, just rent until you find "the spot"

I know a lot of people who found great spaces where the muni was trying to get people to "live/work" in the same building giving HUGE tax incentives to do so in order to revitalize parts.

A friend of a friend had found a 2 story warehouse 60'x100' and essentially built the house inside above his shop, 5 years with no property taxes and then an increasing sliding scale the next 5 years. He said after 10 years the taxes were still going to be lower than they were in 1995!

Not sure if the little lady would be hip to something like that but it sure does make the commute short and you're able to keep a close eye on your tools.

Got back to work today..

Started getting @elkaholic 70 rear bumper ready.

Sliders for @jfnall - then the 1/4 panel sliders..

Thanks all,

J

P1030520.JPG
P1030519.JPG

:bounce: :bounce2:

Don't post, get sparkin'. :slap:

So no go on the move?

Damn, I should get a boat, need to ship some protection over here!

Have you done anything in the belly protection area for cruisers?

P

P, Not yet on move. We are headed back in a few weeks to look again.
Nothing on skid plates etc yet. I have several items I want to expand on once we get moved and also a few other vehicle makes.. :meh:

Firing order for future products..

1) 80 series Front and Rear (including DIY kits) This should happen in the next 30 days
2) 80 series sliders (95-97 to start) next 30 days
3) INTI version roof rack (drop sides)
4) 70 series front (PTO included) pending purchase or donor
5) 70 series sliders
6) D1 & D2 Rover armor (front, rear and sliders)
7) Taco and 4Runner armor

J

#5. :) :clap:

#6. oh good gawd man, have you lost your mind?!?

#6. oh good gawd man, have you lost your mind?!?

He knows what he is doing, won't be buying one, and they will look better while they are parked broken down. (As my 60 sits in my garage "temporarily disabled" lol)

I got to think the 80 guys will keep you pretty busy.

Please don't buy a Land Rover J...

I work on them every day and would never wish it upon my worst enemy. ;)

Like I said and Alex confirmed above ... I'll never build one and use as a personal rig. Just as R&D movable fixtures... They are dirt cheap around here and I will happily scrap or sell them for even cheaper once I get what I need out of them.

J

The old ones are kinda cute, If you junk the drivetrain and pop in cruiser axles, and powerplant/transmission of another source, you might have a reliable truck. They, like the old Patrols, are a perfect match for Cruiser axles...at least the bodies don't rust

The old ones are kinda cute, If you junk the drivetrain and pop in cruiser axles, and powerplant/transmission of another source, you might have a reliable truck. They, like the old Patrols, are a perfect match for Cruiser axles...at least the bodies don't rust

Good to know... But, if I ever decided to do that much work again... I'd just buy an additional LC and mod the hell out of it..... HA!

J

Believe me... They find a way to make aluminum rust.

The HUGE is the frame though, completely boxed and the entire inside is bare metal from the factory. The frames rot from the inside out (this is Defenders, not sure about Discoveries). Most Defenders need a frame swap.

Well honestly, I DON'T CARE... As long as I can get a jig made for bumpers and sliders... it doesn't matter one bit to me after that... The frame can be duct taped together or holding on by the last thread of rust for all I care. As long as the dimensions are within OE specs I'll the the happiest LR customer in North America.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom