For Sale For Sale: D40 Carb (Complete & Disassembled) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
$40.00 + Shipping; D40 Carb

Located in Takoma Park, MD 20912

IMG_1173.JPG

I will take it. Please call me with a shipped total to 91502. 818-953-9230. Mark

Thanks for the call. Payment pending.

Payment sent. Thanks.

Well, I had a no-show this afternoon, so I finally got to pull this out of the box and take a good look at it. Whatever devil made you pull the butterflies out of this carb made me decide to try and reassemble this thing rather than use it to fix the three other one barrel cores that I originally planned to use this for.

There were several pieces missing. The snapring that holds the checkball in the access pump circuit was AWOL, but that's no biggie, as I have a bag from Mr. Toyota of those. The discharge counterweight and the tension spring for the accel pump plunger were also missing, but I had spares from a bastard core I passed on rebuilding for Cabe Toyota about 15 years ago. The short airhorn screw that goes over the fuel cut solenoid is of course the early bastard 5mm x .09 unobtainium variety. After a little digging, I found my bag of unobtanium screws and got that squared away too!

So now I'm back to having one core that needs a sight glass, one that needs both hand cable anchors, and one that needs the fuel cut solenoid.

Last edited:
Obligatory pics of the resurrected D40:

image.jpg image.jpg

The carb looks great. Thanks for sharing photos of the finished product. I'm sure it will go to a good home. I may have misplaced the parts you mentioned were MIA. Let me dig through my parts & see what I can dig up over the weekend. I know I didn't discard anything when the disassembly occurred and I honest to goodness thought I'd sent you everything.

I appreciate that. None of the pieces I mentioned are shown in the picture above, so they have been separated from the carb since before the pic was taken.

In the overall scheme of things, I just consider it good karma that I finally got to use some more of the junk core from Cabe. Both the float and the fuel bowl from that core have moved on to other homes already.

What did you use to clean the brackets?

I think it was Gunk brand carb cleaner. It's the brand that comes in a paint can & has a small parts basket inside. I'd soaked it, wiped it down with shop rags and repeat until the crud was gone.

The carb looks great. Thanks for sharing photos of the finished product. I'm sure it will go to a good home. I may have misplaced the parts you mentioned were MIA. Let me dig through my parts & see what I can dig up over the weekend. I know I didn't discard anything when the disassembly occurred and I honest to goodness thought I'd sent you everything.

Any luck?

Happy New Year 65swb45... I had a chance to go through my 1F stuff over the holidays & still no luck. I'm finding more parts as I remove & unpack things. So, it's possible they are in a baggie I haven't come across yet. 8 years ago, an ugly divorce forced me to quickly pack & store all Land Cruiser related parts. As I reassemble my BJ42, I'll let you know if I come across something in the mix.

I appreciate the follow up. I saw the carb sitting on the corner of my workbench yesterday; i couldn't remember why it was there, but I didn't pick it up to look at it either. Now I remember why!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom