Is an original fj40 window sticker, and sales brochure worth much? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the original window sticker, sales brochure, an f motor repair manual and an fj40 repair manual that looks to be from 70 as well. Are these worth much? Thanks

I was mostly curious as someone told me it was hard to find and worth something, but was just curious. I haven't seen many of the original window stickers or brochures. The brochure is pretty cool.

They are worth more to whoever owns the vehicle they belong to. Other than that they are only worth as much as someone is willing to pay. No set value other than how much someone wants those documents.

They are worth more to whoever owns the vehicle they belong to. Other than that they are only worth as much as someone is willing to pay. No set value other than how much someone wants those documents.

That's kind of what I was figuring... the guy I sold the rig to didn't want them. I figure it would've made it a little more valuable, maybe not...

20151008_155721.jpg
20151008_155648.jpg

20151008_155648.jpg

Some guys just want to drive them, but that doesn't mean that they aren't worth something to the right person. You can always list them for sale with a price you're comfortable with and see if you get any bites.

Would be curious the print date on the repair manual? Didn't know that style was available back when the 70 was made. The engine manual loses value for just having FJ label on the cover. That shows it was not bought original with the 40. Prior to the FJ Cruiser the term FJ was never used for Land Cruiser. Like mentioned the window sticker hold the greatest value with the cruiser that has the matching VIN.

I still have the original paper for my '78, but I'm the original buyer so I think it's cool. I think I have the window sticker for one of my 76s, but it really doesn't mean squat to me because I bought the trucks all beat to s***. They're interesting to look over for a minute, but not really worth anything unless you're the kind of fool that would buy Land Cruiser plates and a Land Cruiser sewing machine and other crap like that. :D

Lol...as I sip from my finest Toyota Crystal, I sometimes reach for a snack on my FJ40 china plate... I am listing to my wife strumming on her Toyota guitar...she is wearing a dress she made on her Toyota screwing machine with fabric made on her Toyoda weaving loom.

In the corner is a Colt M16, the receiver was made on a Toyota machine.

[QUOTE="spotcruiser, post: 9978412, member:

but not really worth anything unless you're the kind of fool that would buy Land Cruiser plates and a Land Cruiser sewing machine and other crap like that. :D[/QUOTE]

Lol...as I sip from my finest Toyota Crystal, I sometimes reach for a snack on my FJ40 china plate... I am listing to my wife strumming on her Toyota guitar...she is wearing a dress she made on her Toyota screwing machine with fabric made on her Toyoda weaving loom.

In the corner is a Colt M16, the receiver was made on a Toyota machine.

[QUOTE="spotcruiser, post: 9978412, member:

but not really worth anything unless you're the kind of fool that would buy Land Cruiser plates and a Land Cruiser sewing machine and other crap like that. :D
[/QUOTE]

I do not get it ??

Bwahahahah.
I need to get some toyoda swag.

I bought a few of the vintage sales brochures back when I started on Ebay in 2003-04 when they were selling for 7-10 dollars a piece because I thought they were cool. No idea what they go for now.

Like LITP suggested, the chassis manual is not vintage. I have a couple of the originals; they are the same size as the engine manual, but thicker.

Best

Mark A.

Last edited:
Interesting that the window sticker shows additional cost for the fresh air heater and defrost. I thought by 1970 heater was standard.

I think it's even MORE interesting that they note the "push button" operation from 4wd to 2wd;

They don't mention it's PULL button operation from 2 to 4.:rolleyes:

There has always been spin.:p

Interesting that the window sticker shows additional cost for the fresh air heater and defrost. I thought by 1970 heater was standard.

Just like power windows, power locks and power mirrors in the 80 series. Yet these are listed as options. In 93 ask our local Larry Miller dealer if he could order me one minus $15,000 in options. I can't remember all the details if the automatic transmission was a option. At the time I was in the market for a FJ62. They had a nice 87 FJ60 but needed to be a second car with a automatic my wife would drive. When I mentioned ordering a 80 series minus most "options" he got his manager who then tried pushing the 87. What stick out about the 87 was it still had the owner's manual and it showed how to operate the sun roof. Don't remember those ever being offered in the US market.

that funny, I had the 45LV out yesterday and one of my older widow clients was checking out the 45, she asked if it was 4 wheel drive......I said, yes, its push button.......then corrected myself and said its a pull to 4 wheel(high)

I think it's even MORE interesting that they note the "push button" operation from 4wd to 2wd;

They don't mention it's PULL button operation from 2 to 4.:rolleyes:

There has always been spin.:p

It seems to me the window sticker is only worth a lot to the guy with the matching serial #. (?) :meh:

I have the original window sticker for my '78, and all of the original manuals, including the owner's manual. The folder of receipts is about 3" thick, (so far).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom