High Mileage 200 Series - Reliable?? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thinking about picking up a 2008 200 Series LC with 110k miles. I wouldn't think twice about buying a 100 Series with that mileage but what about the 200 Series? How are they holding up as times goes on (electronics, hubs, head gaskets, kdss, etc.)?

Anyone have experience with a high mileage 200?

Thanks guys!

No experience here, other than that every generation of 'Cruiser is consistently better than the last.
If I was in the market for a 200, I'd not think twice, so long as the truck is in good shape and has all maintenence records.

70,000 and it's as good as new.

I've hit 94,000 and only replaced a water pump. Could have waited but decided to address it. Go for it

I just hit 82k and she drives better than new .... Plan to put 200k on her... For the right price I would not hesitate to buy one with 100k on the clock

I bought my 08 in 2012 with 94,000 mi for 39,500. I agree that service/vehicle history would be a factor as well as condition (has it been well-maintained in general?). If all that is squared away, the price right and it's the one you want - I wouldn't hesitate over the mileage.

I am pushing 170,000 mi now and have not had any major issues. KDSS had to be reset/repressurized after I replaced the factory shocks. I also replaced the propeller shaft assembly to eliminate the "thunk" and did the mirror TSB to correct vibration.

Plugs were done at 120K. I am religious about maintenance and planning to run another 50,000 mi before buying the next one.

I just bought a 2008 with 156k. excellent service history and drives as good as another I was looking at with 78k. I am the king of high mileage cruisers though. I wouldn't hesitate on one that has proper service history. @TexAZ bought his with 141k and has been thrilled with his as well. Granted, we have haven't had them that long. Look at mileage on some of the tundras with the 5.7 and you know they weren't built as well as the LC. Just my $.02 obviously.

I just bought a 2009 with 100K on the clock, she had a descent maintenance history and was in great shape, so far there have been no issues. Land cruisers are built to go the distance, any distance, just perform the maintenance that's required. Corrosion is the one thing you must look for when buying a used LC.

We have two Land Cruiser 200's one with 250K and the other one has 50K. I've driven in both of them and I did not feel any noticeable difference. So I think a 200 with 110K will be fine. The only difference is that our 200's are diesels, but the drivetrain is just the same. My cruiser is a 100 series with 870K and only the torque converter, a driveshaft and some bearings are bad. Apart from that it drives the same as other 100 series. So high mileages are not a problem for Land Cruisers.

I bought an '08 with 90k. Feels like a new truck. If I can't get 250k miles out of this thing, I will be very surprised.

Pushing 130K on my 08 and it still drives like the day I got it. Starts and runs smooth, no funny noises,nothing. Everything works, nothing beyond maint (breaks, 1 set of plugs at 120K, oil and all the other fluid changes), no squeaks or rattles. Simply an awesome rig. Will do another LC when the time comes.

^ I agree with Tim! Same experience from my perspective.

From what I've heard the 5.7 engine took the crown over the 22r as the best engine Toyota has built.

I bought a built 08 with 101k and runs like new. It's crazy how much different driving a 200 vs 100 is and my 100 was supercharged.

photo?

Yes, I would love to see a photo of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom