US Officials Ask HOw ISIS Got So Many Toyota Trucks... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We're soon headed to P&R

:)

No, not the whole forum. Just this thread. The topic seems inclined that way.

I, for one, can't resist the urge to point out how our idiot politicians have created a system that bars us from having 70-series cruisers, but those ISIS turds get to have 'em.

See? Now we're for sure headed to P&R!

FBHO

(lol)

Thanks for sharing, I've speculated their access to these resources is reflective of some larger effort to support their success. I would hope that Toyota would have sincere interest in taking steps to ensure their products aren't used by this particular group of individuals in order to further their twisted endeavors.

It's amazing to me the way they have used civilian vehicles and conventional arms along with the propogation of their backwards world-view to gain so much power and influence over so many people while meeting little resistance in the process. This set of circumstances really shines a bright light on how thin the veil of civilization really is.

This fact is one reason I drive a Land Cruiser. It's also the reason that the Second Amendment - including the right to "military-style assault weapons" should be protected at all costs for individual citizens. They will have to conquer this country (USA) through a wall of bullets "behind every blade of grass." That is unless, of course the progressive gun-banners have their way.

Let a convoy of jihadis roll thru the heartland of the US and see how far they make it. I don't care what they're driving, I suspect they won't get far in my neck of the woods.

I wonder about these US officials. They're morons.

Q: How did ISIS get so many Toyotas?

A: They stole them!

Toyotas are good .

Sent from my extremely unreliable mobile device using IH8MUD Forum

Very simple: They either kill, or drive away those who owned them...just as they wound up with about a BILION $ worth of HUMMERS and other equipment when the Iraq "army" turned tail and RAN...at the thought of being beheaded on international television.

Land Cruisers are THE vehicle owned by the wealthy in the Middle East...and ISIS takes whatever they want under threat of death (or actual death).

What a lovely piece of humanity they are. Would love to personally take them out. Heck... Actually asked if I could...but alas...I'm too old. 43 is the upper age limit for the army...and the other branch age limits are even lower. I'm officially an old fart at 47... Sigh...

I guess we will have to ban Toyotas now.

Thanks for sharing, I've speculated their access to these resources is reflective of some larger effort to support their success. I would hope that Toyota would have sincere interest in taking steps to ensure their products aren't used by this particular group of individuals in order to further their twisted endeavors.

It's amazing to me the way they have used civilian vehicles and conventional arms along with the propogation of their backwards world-view to gain so much power and influence over so many people while meeting little resistance in the process. This set of circumstances really shines a bright light on how thin the veil of civilization really is.

This fact is one reason I drive a Land Cruiser. It's also the reason that the Second Amendment - including the right to "military-style assault weapons" should be protected at all costs for individual citizens. They will have to conquer this country (USA) through a wall of bullets "behind every blade of grass." That is unless, of course the progressive gun-banners have their way.

Let a convoy of jihadis roll thru the heartland of the US and see how far they make it. I don't care what they're driving, I suspect they won't get far in my neck of the woods.
So apparently, you're against reasonable and common sense gun control? :deadhorse: :worms:

I find it interesting that FBHO wants to visit Redmond, OR instead of Chicago, IL, where 10 dead is just the beginning of a normal weekend. :bang:

I'm seriously ready for another "Where's a good place for Samuel Colt in the 200 series" thread.

I'm convinced that America's 2nd Amendment is a major reason why we haven't seen major jihad stupidity here so far.

Steve

I guess we will have to ban Toyotas now.
I think that's excessive, but I would agree that any with a fully automatic transmission will need proper NFA approval and a $200 tax stamp.

Steve

Maybe if ISIS had used Jeeps instead they wouldnt be able to take over so much terroritory. would be busy repairing transmissions instead of bombing

"If you read news reports, National Geographic, or just about any other media covering the Middle East for the last quarter-century, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that one of the most ubiquitous vehicle brands in the region is Toyota. Whether the Land Cruiser fullsize SUV or the even more commonplace Hilux pickup, the region is literally crawling with them. So when we read a report on ABC News saying the U.S. State Department is launching an inquiry as to why there are so many Toyota vehicles in the hands of terrorists, we had to laugh a little. It’s almost like saying, “Why is there so much sand in the desert?”"
-Truck Trend
:grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp:

Last edited:
Hmmm I wonder why a proven versatile dependable vehicle with a comprehensive network of parts would ever be sought after by anyone anywhere, especially when reliance on it is literally a life or death affair... Rather than delving into geopolitical discord or misguided religious ideology or socioeconomic disparity or natural disasters/drought or pandemics or something of substance, let's blame an automaker that took the ingenious blueprints from a WWII Jeep and improved upon it in a way far superior than Jeep itself has been able to evolve it. What about the arms or enslaved persons the "evil doers" are conveying in these vehicles -- could that possibly be more concerning?

Maybe US politicians and policy wonks should stay out of automobile manufacture and sales, particularly those involved outside of our borders or perhaps go after those VW lying bastards who actually perpetrated an actual crime...

I think that's excessive, but I would agree that any with a fully automatic transmission will need proper NFA approval and a $200 tax stamp.

Steve

Hold up a minute... That means the only automatic Cruisers transferable to civilians would be those manufactured and registered prior to 1986!

Of course the Land Cruiser is already probably available in smaller numbers and more cost prohibitive than the other transferable full-autos (machine guns for those of you that don't get the references here).

Hold up a minute... That means the only automatic Cruisers transferable to civilians would be those manufactured and registered prior to 1986!

Of course the Land Cruiser is already probably available in smaller numbers and more cost prohibitive than the other transferable full-autos (machine guns for those of you that don't get the references here).
Samples from dealers are OK, assuming you've got the right kind of license. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom