ODD IRON OFF ROAD …. ALL THINGS LED LIGHTING + (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpg
I told Rob that if he ever prints a LED dome light kit brochure this photo needs to be on the cover. :)

Have you / Can you make the dome light in warm white 3000~3500k?
I'm just the marketing guy. You'll need to contact the shop Monday at 229-224-4496 for the technical stuff.
Thanks for your interest.

I'm just the marketing guy. You'll need to contact the shop Monday at 229-224-4496 for the technical stuff.
Thanks for your interest.

I went through the thread and I didn't see any detail photos posted of the product (but I might have missed it). Could you post some images of the LED itself?

Sorry ......
The shop has invested a LOT of time developing an effective and reliable product and hopefully there are enough photos and endorsements on this thread to make you comfortable with the product. If you are still reluctant, perhaps there is another product out there that you would find more suitable.
Again thanks for your interest.

Sorry ......
The shop has invested a LOT of time developing an effective and reliable product and hopefully there are enough photos and endorsements on this thread to make you comfortable with the product. If you are still reluctant, perhaps there is another product out there that you would find more suitable.
Again thanks for your interest.

An unwillingness to share what the product looks like and what is made of is a huge red flag that something questionable is going on, so def a pass for me.

In an effort to make sure this thread doesn't morph into a quasi-chat thread I'll end with this.
Between the 'MUD members who own 60 & 70 Series Cruisers, there have been over 80 LED dome light kits installed and the feedback has been 100% positive. In fact many of the guys have placed follow up orders. Not one buyer has asked about the internal workings of the light or used the term "red flag". My use of the term "marketing guy" was my attempt at humor.
More accurately, I'm just the shop's 'MUD contact. I hope you can find a product that is suitable for your needs.
Have a nice weekend.

Last edited:
In an effort to make sure this thread doesn't morph into a quasi-chat thread I'll end with this.
Between the 'MUD members who own 60 & 70 Series Cruisers, there have been over 80 LED dome light kits installed and the feedback has been 100% positive. In fact many of the guys have placed follow up orders. Not one buyer has asked about the internal workings of the light or used the term "red flag". My use of the term "marketing guy" was my attempt at humor.
More accurately, I'm just the shop's 'MUD contact. I hope you can find a product that is suitable for your needs.
Have a nice weekend.

I think it's fairly simple...I enjoy seeing the actual product in photos being offered for sale before I buy it and that's across the board. From apples at the farm stand to a 4x4labs rear bumper. I like to celebrate hard work and innovative ideas.

The brand/guy/shop you're representing here has decided he's unwilling to present his product so it's a pass for me. Doesn't mean it's not good or it doesn't have 100% satisfaction just raised my red flag.

Man, did you wake up in a bad mood this morning?
I'm sincerely wishing you well in your efforts to find a dome light that meets your criteria (and by criteria, I mean "warm white" .... nothing more, nothing less). Hopefully there is a shop/vendor that fabricates a product that will be perfect for your needs.

Man, did you wake up in a bad mood this morning?
I'm sincerely wishing you well in your efforts to find a dome light that meets your criteria (and by criteria, I mean "warm white" .... nothing more, nothing less). Hopefully there is a shop/vendor that fabricates a product that will be perfect for your needs.

Warm white wasn't my only criteria, just inquired if you ever make them that temp is all. I'm still interested in the product even at daylight temperatures but I simply want to see what I'm buying.

Super Bright LED's sells a bulb DE3175 for $4.95 that fits into FJ60's and has 62 lumens.....so yes I wanted to see your product to know exactly what I was getting is all.

And through the clear dome plastic the product resembles this $8 LED dome panel light that you can get on Amazon. I'm not suggesting it is that but when I'm spending money I do like to compare what I'm getting ya know.

The last slightly off thing about this for me is that the company TaskLED, who literally makes LED boards is totally open and shares what they create.

Last edited:
Warm white wasn't my only criteria, just inquired if you ever make them that temp is all. I'm still interested in the product even at daylight temperatures but I simply want to see what I'm buying.

Super Bright LED's sells a bulb DE3175 for $4.95 that fits into FJ60's and has 62 lumens.....so yes I wanted to see your product to know exactly what I was getting is all.

And through the clear dome plastic the product resembles this $8 LED dome panel light that you can get on Amazon. I'm not suggesting it is that but when I'm spending money I do like to compare what I'm getting ya know.

The last slightly off thing about this for me is that the company TaskLED, who literally makes LED boards is totally open and shares what they create.

I have used lights from all of the sources you mention and they are nice, but do not hold a candle to these. I have had the pleasure of having two of these lights and I can tell you that Rob puts a boat load of time into fabricating a mount for the LED panel and improving the wiring. These are very nice pieces of equipment.

It is not the light panel itself that sets these apart, though the panel took him some time to source - the first ones he sourced had a few issues - it is the mounting platform and wiring upgrades that make these panels unique.

If you don't like the light color ... well, I cannot help you. But don't pass on this upgrade simply because he won't provide detailed photos that will allow you to reverse engineer the solution ...

BTW, that Amazon panel looks a lot like the one I tried early on that melted and damned near burnt my truck down, except at the time it was listed with a voltage range of 12-32V DC ...

But don't pass on this upgrade simply because he won't provide detailed photos that will allow you to reverse engineer the solution ...

BTW, that Amazon panel looks a lot like the one I tried early on that melted and damned near burnt my truck down, except at the time it was listed with a voltage range of 12-32V DC ...

And ever since the barista finally let me behind the counter I'm undercutting the local cafe and making coffee at home!

I'm always down to support people's effort and celebrate their hard work. Providing product photography doesn't inherently mean anyone is looking to "reverse engineer" anything or even give them the passion to do so...in fact it's actually how you sell things. But this is also the tech section and not a vendor forum so in the least providing tech specs and the boards he used is pretty reasonable and actually a good way to sell stuff. I'm not looking for a step by step guide how to build this myself and save 50% but asking for product images is pretty dang reasonable. This more so reads as something questionable being sold OR a deep misunderstanding of product marketing.

I also don't recommend the Amazon link I had above but like you said. But since this is the tech forum and not Vendor section I was interested in things like lumens and brands/quality of LED's he's using and was just throwing out an example.

Last edited:
Since this thread is new to the "Small Business Storefront" section allow me to further introduce the products.
The shop offers a line of high quality LED dome light kits for the 60/62 Series, the 70-74 Series and the 75 Series and can even fabricate kits for the 40 Series on an individual basis. There are a number of photos and endorsements throughout the thread that further describes the product. The shop can be contacted at 229-224-4496 or "extremearrow@yahoo.com".
Thanks.....

The units are truly "plug and play" and require no additional hardware to install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom