What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (47 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally painted my wheels black.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1443925413.519072.jpg

New motor and transmission mounts and rear brakes. Left the heavy lifting to Camelback Toyota. :)

Damn dude. When was the last time the tuna can was cleaned and air filter replaced? At the factory?

Not sure. Looks like too long ago, to me. I just picked up this 80 a month or two ago. It will see regular maintenance, going forward! :flipoff2:

Went for a drive/hike to Manoa Falls.

My obligatory pose with the LC...
image.jpg

The trailhead...
image.jpg

Along the way...
image.jpg

Through the bamboo forest....
image.jpg

The falls!
image.jpg

Got the baseline dyno run done before the pump upgrade, 170rwhp/500+nm on 20psi @ 21:1 AFR with 35's and 4.56's. Tyres and gears cost a few ponies, if it was on 265's and 4.1's would have seen well north of 200. Pump on next week, then back to spin the rollers again :D

Turn sound up for spooly goodness :cool:
Started swapping some parts over with the spares I've acquired, installed bonnet protector, changed passenger seat, drivers door card (water damaged, doing rears tomorrow), drivers door handle (passenger tomorrow), lower tailgate carpet, top tailgate struts (no more sagging onto my head!), replaced the LED strip that died on the top gate too. Had to change the starter motor at the workshop after the dyno run, had been bump starting it for 2 days :oops: just as well I'd picked up a new one when it first misbehaved :cool:
Was supposed to go see the fabricator to get CAD done for the new bar (Close copy of AOE after all the dramas I've had with them :mad::bang:), but unfortunately the CAD bloke couldn't make it, so pushed it back til next weekend, which at least let me get the dyno done ;)
IMAG0555.jpg

12081415_10153198917921235_1078534497_n.jpg
IMAG0569.jpg
IMAG0572.jpg
IMAG0568.jpg

Last edited:
I keep mine in something called a "garage" in case such an event ever occurs.

Picked up a couple of 2x10x10s with my 4-year-old.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1443978338.020118.jpg

The Land Cruiser is most relaxed in the Tonto National Forest.

Overlooking West Clear Creek just north of Strawberry, AZ.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1443982922.196179.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1443982939.587185.jpg

There is nothing worse than what I mentioned above. Unless there is the word "wife" involved in anything on this planet.

I heard the same report of impending rain. I installed my snorkel. It was not that hard, but like most other people, I was not able to reach the rear two studs so I left them off. I'll give it another go when I swap out my CB/FM antenna mount, but for now it's solid. Also found sone dry cracked hoses which I need to replace. Every project seems to lead to a new project, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom