79er Resto the Lazy Way (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm glad you decided to pull the trigger on that truck, well played sir.

With the new paint I would say it's a solid investment, not to mention a great memory builder!:steer:

I'm glad you decided to pull the trigger on that truck, well played sir.

With the new paint I would say it's a solid investment, not to mention a great memory builder!:steer:

Thanks, I'm really happy with it thus far. I can't wait to see it with an OME lift and billys front and back. Hopefully I won't hit the axle snubbers going over railroad tracks anymore :bang:. Then I need to woo my wife a little bit so I can order some 33 MTRs and get the wheels painted (and also new hubcaps). Then I'm done, until I get the PS conversion and possibly rebuild the heater and maybe get a winch etc :)

Last edited:
End of summer update!

Have completed the following mods/upgrades:

2.5" OME lift

New Bilstein shocks

Wheels blasted and powder coated (I was going to keep this thing as stock as possible, but thought the blue/gray wheels just looked funky next to freedom red, so after painting them gray I decided to get them blasted and coated in semi gloss black. Love the look now.

Installed CCoT seat covers that PO had never put on.

Took out floor mat and center console and cleaned floor of tub, it looked like it had never been cleaned before.

Replaced rear TC seal, it was leaking like crazy after the lift.

Installed TC-Tranny hose.

Put some Lucas stop leak in manual steering box.

Changed oil, I now just a tiny, tiny leak from under tcase after it's been parked for days. Huge improvement from when I first bought it.

Put in new upper rad hose and clamps, still weeps a little bit, will have to clean off the inlet better I guess.

Got some KM2 Mts installed and sold my 8 year old tires for $200.

Installed new hubcaps.

Put on some CCoT sideview mirrors.

XkfBmz6.jpg

pTYDrVP.jpg

Next upgrades. THC install with full tune up.

very very nice! I think you nailed it! thats a keeper :)

but what is this THC install? does it come "highly" recommended ?

very very nice! I think you nailed it! thats a keeper :)

but what is this THC install? does it come "highly" recommended ?

Sorry too many acronyms. THC=troll hole carb and will consider getting my stock carb rebuilt as a back up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom