Cerdo Dos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserjunktion

Cruiserjunktion@gmail.com
GOLD Star
Threads
image.jpg
Rewind 18 months. Unfortunately, I had to let my 55 go. A sad day it was, but the cash from the sale helped me get through an unexpected financial strain. Since the painful moment I handed over the keys (to a Toyota dealership) I've had my eye open for another.

FJ55 for sale "Honey Boo Boo" 32605

Last edited:
My search for another pig has taken me high and low. The thought of another 55 in the stable was certainly exciting, but the reality of the examples I found was just the opposite. Although I found some good in all of them, none seemed to fit the bill or budget. That was until I found this 68.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The truck was 800+ miles from my house. After several conversations with the seller, I decided this was "the one". I wasn't able to retrieve it ASAP, but made plans for a road trip. The seller and I agreed on a price and a deal was set in place. When the day finally came to go get the rig, the seller wasn't able to be reached. For weeks and weeks, I reached out and recieved no response. I can only assume it was sold to someone else. To this day I never heard from him again. BUMMER!

Last edited:
Other piggies popped up here and there, but none compared to Honey Boo Boo or the ultra rare 68 I had my sights on. I benchmarked the other prospects to those two and was consistently let down.

Here are a few pics from my roadtrip to GA, on my way to check out another 73.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The Ga pig looked decent in the ad but, upon arrival I quickly realized it had more rust than I wanted to deal with. The seller was nice enough, but offered no wiggle room on the price. It was advertised as running/ driving but was DOA when I showed up.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I occasionally toss out a bid on eBay auctions listed with no reserve. A 55 was listed in Ohio this way. In all honesty, I didnt even remember placing a bid on it until I recieved an eBay message that the auction was ending in 5 minutes. Instead of getting too excited and watching the countdown, I ignored it assuming a sniper bidder would snap it up. I assumed wrong and recieved another message that I had won.

I had never sent the seller any questions or inquired about condition of my purchase. Here are some of the pics from the listing.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

:) Never was a player, I'm just happy I found one to put up with me.

Somehow my wife puts up with me too. We had a 40 project when we got married, so she knew what she was getting into!

Words to live by "Happy Wife, Happy Life"

Last edited:
My search for another pig has taken me high and low. The thought of another 55 in the stable was certainly exciting, but the reality of the examples I found was just the opposite. Although I found some good in all of them, none seemed to fit the bill or budget. That was until I found this 68. View attachment 1142322View attachment 1142323View attachment 1142324

The truck was 800+ miles from my house. After several conversations with the seller, I decided this was "the one". I wasn't able to retrieve it ASAP, but made plans for a road trip. The seller and I agreed on a price and a deal was set in place. When the day finally came to go get the rig, the seller wasn't able to be reached. For weeks and weeks, I reached out and recieved no response. I can only assume it was sold to someone else. To this day I never heard from him again. BUMMER!

Isn't that crazy? Why would someone just not respond? It would be much better for all if they could at least sack-up and tell you what happened.

Oh well.

Awesome pictures from your quest for Pig!

Really cool that you have a Pig now, looking forward to seeing you around here!

FYI - that Pig was on Ebay earlier this year from someone in North Carolina. The ad stated is ran when it was bought is but sat for 8 years.

FYI - that Pig was on Ebay earlier this year from someone in North Carolina. The ad stated is ran when it was bought is but sat for 8 years.

The glove box is full of documents from NC. Do you recall the selling price? I bought it for $1175, which I thought was a deal.

image.jpg

image.jpg

That is definitely an interesting roof rack. Almost looks like a "spoiler" on the tail end?

Ha! Somewhere, a domestic 70s wagon is missing it's roof rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom