Possible Group Buy: 7" LED Headlights (1 Viewer)

Would you be likely to participate in a group-by if these are worth our time at a reasonable price?

• Yes! Please continue your research and keep us posted.

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • Maybe. I'm weary of products like these

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! (please post in the comments why).

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,
After seeing the prices of JW Speaker headlights and being unimpressed with the truck-lite light patterns(also the fact they are only DOT self-certified from what I can tell), I've been doing research on Chinese made 7" LED replacement units.

I am going to narrow my field and then order a few sets and test them. If they turn out interesting/worth our time, I want to help people get good lighting for our rigs at a reasonable price.

Pricing is still in the works - but I am doing this for fun, not to turn a profit. I think I can get cheaper than ebay offerings and I have great shipping rates through work. I will also test them on my 60.

Basic Requirements which I am focusing on :
  • 7"
  • Aluminum Housing
  • Hi/lo beam
  • good dust/water sealing
  • plug&play
  • light output on par with current US made stuff
  • good value

I will post all specs, drawings and a review when I receive the test units.

Candidates include:

1)
JY-538 (7).jpg
JY-538 (2).jpg

2) w/ halo ( think I will skip these)
InsertPic_7538.jpg

2) without halo
InsertPic_86E5.png

Let me know what y'all think.

Zhenya

Last edited:
Please post up your experience with any of these. I'd be particularly interested in light output and proper fit in a 60.
Thanks for looking into this.

I maybe interested. Let me know how much.
Rick

Hey guys,
I did a bunch of research and emailing back and forth. I think at the volumes that I am trying to buy, the "wholesale" prices are a bit too high.

I will reach out again and see how they look now.

Zhenya

Hey guys,
I did a bunch of research and emailing back and forth. I think at the volumes that I am trying to buy, the "wholesale" prices are a bit too high.

I will reach out again and see how they look now.

Zhenya

I am finally looking forward to working at this year's SEMA show in Las Vegas; I have a "shopping list" and LED headlights are on the list!!!!

C2

I have a pair of the first ones on their way to me, and I have some trucklite units in my mitsi. The mitsibishi lights are the 5x7's but I will try to get a beam pattern comparison anyway.

Hey there,
Any update on the 7" rounds?
A quick review would be greatly appreciated.

I have got the headlights but they are massive at the back and I haven't found anything they would fit into without major surgery. I have modified baskets and the bib of my 45 but that is still in the paint shop. They do have a sharper cutoff than the trucklite units, with a bit of a colour fringe like hid lights.
Another problem is on a 70 series cruiser the headlights are earth switched, not a problem with bulbs but a major problem with polarity conscious LEDS.
I'll get some hand held pics for you tonight.

Thanks man.
Fitment was a big concern for me. Sound like those are not 'plug n play'.

the headlights are earth switched, not a problem with bulbs but a major problem with polarity conscious LEDS.

That's not a huge problem to solve with a relay, but one of the benefits of LEDs is that they're low-current enough that you should be able to run without a relay.

That's not a huge problem to solve with a relay, but one of the benefits of LEDs is that they're low-current enough that you should be able to run without a relay.
Sure it's not too hard to sort out but it's one more thing you have to modify to get them to work. The trucklite units are physically the same size as a sealed beam so are much easier fit.

I have taken a few pictures of the QG5100 headlamp compared to a Trucklite 5x7. I apologise for the background, I might do another pair of dip beam patterns against a better backdrop.
The pics were taken with the lamps about ten meters from the wall. I disconnected one of my trucklite units to get a fairer comparison
Trucklite dip and main.
Trucklite dip.jpg
Trucklite main.jpg

QG5100 dip and main.
QG dip.jpg
QG main.jpg

Both dip beams together, trucklite at the bottom.
both dip.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom