The Coleman Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Mace, it's all good, he was 90 and had a great life. He was at peace with the world, didn't suffer and died in his sleep. Can't ask for more than that.

I can only hope for as much. 90 is a good long time to have fun in this world. Speaking of old timers, found this Wednesday. Late 40's I guess.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1441378713.353176.jpg

^^ I got one of those a couple of months ago at the local swap meet. Am I right in thinking it needs a specific
bottle type? Can it be adapted for use?

That's not the same valve, and I doubt it'd work..

It's my nature ;)

I really wish it would work tho.. I have a pink picnic stove that I'd love to use. :D

Decidedto use mine tonight..

IMAG1148.jpg

We sacrificed a virgin tonight - my NIB 426C was fired for the first time.

It worked perfect, straight from the box. Didn't even have to oil the pump or replace the cap gasket.

Well, she waited 55 years for this moment. I hope you were up to the task.

I used a gentle flame, lots of buttery lube, and a soft touch. In no time at all, she was a hot gooey mess...

Picked up a 426B this weekend for $20. She's rusty, but looks complete. Need to disassemble this along with the other two lanterns to refurbish.

IMG_20150920_160200.jpg

IMG_20150920_160206.jpg

IMG_20150920_160218.jpg

IMG_20150920_160226.jpg

IMG_20150920_160242.jpg

IMG_20150920_160301.jpg

That's a great stove, and definitely a stove for a wagon. The B an C are the two best they ever made.

Time to figure out electrolysis to completely de rust it, and then a new paint job. I can send you a new seal for the fuel cap, and a new pump leather. The generator may be good, but before you use it hard, I would take it apart and clean it, brush the carbon off the spring, and make sure the cleaning needle is intact.

That looks like a possibly original generator with that brazed on nut. That's cool and worth saving. Looks like you need a new knob though.

Thanks guys, and thanks @Cruiserdrew for the offer, I may take you up on that :cheers: There is a plastic knob with a brass center in the bottom of the stove for the generator. Not sure if it's original.

The big question is whether I should replace the 425E in my drawer setup for this bigger 426B!

...The big question is whether I should replace the 425E in my drawer setup for this bigger 426B!

A better way to look at it is that now you've got a choice when you're headed out on a trip. For me, if it's a short trip with just the wife I grab my 425E. If it's a long trip with a larger group I always grab my 426C. And if you have a griddle it will work better on the 426 as the burners are spaced closer together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom