97 FZJ80 Kickdown cable adjustment. Help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, what is the proper way of adjusting the Kickdown Cable for 97 FZJ80? I went see the FAQ already but I only saw the 3FE and FZJ80 with A442f tranny. I need to know where to set the "stopper" for the kickdown cable. Im about to do a couple of longer trips so any info about this will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

you need to look at the fsm, it shows specifically exactly where you want to adjust it to. It is well worth it if it is not adjusted properly. I saw a big diff after adjusting mine correctly.
I do not have the FSM for my 97 :(

From the 97 FSM
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1441258531.929859.jpg

And maybe take a look at this:
80-series Throttle Adjustment - Land Cruiser Tech from IH8MUD.com

I do not have the FSM for my 97 :(

You can download the scanned version by birfmark - search this site for an updated link. It's for a '96 but MORE than close enough for use on the '97.

Of course the paper version is very nice to have.

cheers,
george.

Thanks for all the replies. Some awesome guy shared a pdf version of the FSM to me! Looks great.

Is the process/spec any different on a 91?

I've adjusted my kickdown cable on my 95 per the FSM but I continue to have issues. I have to mash the pedal to the floor to get it to kickdown. Originally the cable was well out of spec (- 2mm). I adjusted it to spec, and then above spec (+2mm). At 2mm, it helped but the throttle felt sticky and the kickdown was better but definitely not great. What else is there to check?

BTW, I drove a friend's 94. His kickdown cable was slightly out of spec but almost jumpy. It dropped to a lower gear almost instantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom