Freezing Food Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Heres something to try with your new toy;
Make a big batch of spaghetti sauce freeze some up in tubs, the semi disposable kind work well. Pop the frozen sauce out of the tub and vac seal it. The next time you go on a trip you have boil in bag sauce ready to go.
This works with anything to "wet" to vacuum seal.
One step ahead of you!

Here's another tip, when you seal something like a tri tip leave enough extra bag to re-seal it. Thaw, add a dry rub then reseal and stash in the fridge for a few hours.
Good call on leaving extra bag. But I'm in NC...Tri Tip means pork butt, right? Everything means Pork Butt. :pig:

Good call on leaving extra bag. But I'm in NC...Tri Tip means pork butt, right? Everything means Pork Butt. :pig:

Got a Costco? Yummy slab of beef. If you can't find it locally, I might have to send you some.:hmm:

Got a Costco? Yummy slab of beef. If you can't find it locally, I might have to send you some.:hmm:
Damn, have some faith in a brotha next time! While I do actually know what it is (and have happily consumed it), I've never shopped for, or even looked for, tri tip. I'm one of those rare southerners who will actually admit to liking (gasp!) bbq beef. Seems the only others own bbq joints and do a crap job of preparing it. And good brisket is every bit the equal of almost anything pig. I might have to make 2015 the year of the cow.

Yep just the right amount of fat. A little dry rub and a slow cook on the BBQ, good eats.

Chip oil air. It's all the rage now. ;)

Midnight whiff?;)

Chip Clip with contents inside will cause less late night aggravation if you ask me.:meh:

Anybody have any thoughts on freezing cooked chicken that has been brined versus not brined? I'm curious if the moisture content might lead to crystallization that can make the thawed chicken mushy.

Again, I'm used to using my freezer only for food that was purchased frozen and ice cubes. Excuse my ignorance.

No difference as long as you use a vac sealer. Get all or as much air out of the bag as you can. Air spaces allow ice crystals to grow which equals freezer burn. I have a ton of cooked chicken leftovers vac sealed waiting for winter time soups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom