Yet another Vent Window Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The ones on ebay are not bugcatchers if that's what you're asking. Incorrectly advertised

The ones on ebay are not bugcatchers if that's what you're asking. Incorrectly advertised

x2, those are the standard windows (which we stock too). Bug-catcher uses the w/s as the hinge.

Got another option I am going to try - will update everyone if it works.

Hi Kurt. I'll need a set of short.
OK, maybe not. I'm ignorant to the differences I guess. After reading this thread and looking at what I have, I guess I have the standard wing windows and not bug catchers. These hinge in the middle on the bottom of the window. 67 LPB.

Is anyone any closer to this project getting completed? It's been awful quite on the subject. Starting to look for other Doors

Are these Weatherstrips available yet?
If so, i'm keen.

Door 2.jpg

20140128_123950.jpg

Door 1.jpg

Hey Kurt....
Please put me down for a set of tall 17's.....Didnt even know prior to this thread they made two different sizes...

Might be headed up Little Cottonwood Canyon...post xmas for a few days..need an Alta fix....trying to put together a order...do you take will-calls??

Cheers Chris

Who is interested in purchasing 'Bugcatcher' style Wing Window Seals?
16"
17"
I am investigating options at the moment.

Does Kurt @CruiserOutfitters not sell them any longer?

Kurt, I didn't realize I never gave you my wing window sizes. I need one set of 16" and one set of 17" which leads to a question. Does anyone know why they had two sizes? The 16" ones were on the doors of the '65 s/bed when I bought it in 2009. The 17" ones are on doors I stumbled onto in 2012. Are the 17" ones possibly off of an LV or an early s/bed? Thanks. Pete.

Not for the Bugcatcher early type Seals.

I'd certainly be open to hearing what options you have, 1pc molded vs 4pc glued, etc.

The update is similar to the last go around. We have a quote back from the manufacture for a 1pc molded set. The per/pair price is very attractive BUT the minimum order quantity is up there and based on my sales expectations and vendors I've discussed this with... we are looking at a 5+ year sell on the initial order which as you can imaging doesn't necessarily make sense to do. So, I met with them again at SEMA and discussed additional options. I've been super busy since SEMA (Baja 1000 last month :D) but I'll make this a priority to catch up with them on my end next week and see if they had any resolution on options on their end.

I'd certainly be open to hearing what options you have, 1pc molded vs 4pc glued, etc.

The update is similar to the last go around. We have a quote back from the manufacture for a 1pc molded set. The per/pair price is very attractive BUT the minimum order quantity is up there and based on my sales expectations and vendors I've discussed this with... we are looking at a 5+ year sell on the initial order which as you can imaging doesn't necessarily make sense to do. So, I met with them again at SEMA and discussed additional options. I've been super busy since SEMA (Baja 1000 last month :D) but I'll make this a priority to catch up with them on my end next week and see if they had any resolution on options on their end.

Given the high initial cost outlay(based on minimum order quantity) for getting a one piece Seal made ( I wouldn't expect one Person to wear this cost for all our benefit), I'll accept 4 pieces and Glueing together. I want to use the Wing Windows as they are meant to be; Not Perspex.
I'll keep you posted if the process works out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom