2006 Toyota LandCruiser 100 from Colombia, South America (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello guys, thank you for all your replies!

Just came from a work trip in a farm here some pics:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440464408.368770.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440464429.380696.jpg

Unfortunately tomorrow I work travel outside from the country for a week so the videos will have to wait until I come back but for now I can answer some of your questions:

- Armored Level 3 can support the following guns and pistols:

Caliber; Armament; Munition

.22 Rifle; Pistola L/N

.38 Revólver Special Full Metal Jacket; Semi Jacket

9 mm Revólver; Pistola; Subametralladora Parabellum; Alta Velocidad

.357 Mágnum Revolver; Pistola Semi-Jacket SP

.44 REM Mágnum Revolver; Pistola Full Metal Jacket; Semi Jacket

.45 Pistola Full Metal Jacket; Semi Jacket

B3 level also include the following accessories:

Armored Rims

Intercom siren of 100 Watts type “hands free”

Added Weight:

Due to the use of ultralight materials the added weight varies from 180-200kgs depending on vehicle size

- The LC has original Rear Differential Locks but don't know if it has ATRAC, how can I find out?

- The LC has independent own Dual Batteries

Hope you like this pictures and the answers to some of your questions and if you have some I can answer just let me know, I would appreciate if you could help me answering some doubts:

1) Does the panel where the mirror switch, diff lock, engine heater, etc lights when turned on the headlamps?

2) How do you recommend me to give some more height in the front compared to the rear (that has 2.5" coils) because if I raise it a little bit more through the Torsion Bar I begin to get the "wobbly feeling" I have read about.

3) How can I program the automatic lock based on speed and unlock based on the key in the central locking taking into account this vehicle has M/T?

Thank You and Regards!

In arkansas we call that a rare duck but you sir have just seen the pope hoppin on a pogo stick

2) How do you recommend me to give some more height in the front compared to the rear (that has 2.5" coils) because if I raise it a little bit more through the Torsion Bar I begin to get the "wobbly feeling" I have read about.

You should just need an alignment after the torsion bar adjustment to solve the wobble problem. If you are not raising much over stock height then the differential drop shouldn't be needed. Stock height should be 19.5" from center of hub to edge of fender. My truck is at 20.5" with just torsion bar adjustment and drives the same as stock after the alignment. The Toe was off quite a bit after the raise and that made it wobble at speed on the highway.

- The LC has original Rear Differential Locks but don't know if it has ATRAC, how can I find out?
Typically, it is one or the other but not both. The instrument cluster, when you switch the ignition on might give you the indication of TRAC/VSC lights.

2003-toyota-land-cruiser-4-door-4wd-natl-instrument-cluster_100279012_m.jpg

In South America, diesel manual 100's & 105's are here but not easy to find, gasoline models are common. The police in Peru use 105's for highway patrol. I'll have to post a pic of this one day (for the drool effect).

In 8 years, we can export them under the US classic car rules which make them exempt from all the rules. Be patient and these will begin to appear as the 1998 models turn 25 yo. I would love to bring my 98 105 to the US and keep it forever, best truck I have ever had.

Hope you like this pictures and the answers to some of your questions and if you have some I can answer just let me know, I would appreciate if you could help me answering some doubts:

1) Does the panel where the mirror switch, diff lock, engine heater, etc lights when turned on the headlamps?

3) How can I program the automatic lock based on speed and unlock based on the key in the central locking taking into account this vehicle has M/T?
!
1. I'd be very surprised your mirror switch panel isn't on the interior dimmer circuit, you might need to turn the display dimmer rheostat all the way to max to check the panel illuminates.
2. Your AHC still installed and functioning? I saw you've installed King coils to help the rear but, if you're still running AHC, you'll need to do a front height sensor adjustment, re adjust torsion bars to manage your hydraulic pressures and then get an alignment. There are aftermarket torsion bars for diesels that might be worth looking into, depending on the extra weight distribution and your new neutral pressures. The side photo in your intro does look like your front is lower than normal.
3. Door locking? There is a manual procedure to change the door locking sequences for autos, but for a VX manual it's not going to work. Techstream would be your best bet, and you'll need that for your neutral pressures too, or maybe you can find the manual procedure on an Australian or Euro Land Cruiser forum.

Hey guys! Thank You all for your comments and help.

Here are some pictures and videos you asked for:

1) Dashboard image ignition in ON position (I think it doesn't have ATRAC):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441232596.167787.jpg

2) This is the thickness of the windows, windshield and back window in the car due to the armour:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441232661.025346.jpg

Hope you all like it, any requests or advice just let me know!

Guys, I forgot to show you the following:

1) Distance from center hub to fender in the front in cms:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441234286.485392.jpg

2) Distance from center hub to fender in the rear in cms:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441234349.197005.jpg

Is the height and the droop ok? What do you recommend? Changing wheels to 275/70/18 or 285/65/16 will make it look better?

Thanks!

Looks like the front is about an inch or 2.5cm lower than stock height and your rear is an inch higher than stock.

I believe it should be
19.5" (49.5cm) front
20.5-21" (52-53cm) rear

I would be really interested to know what the beast weighs considering the fairly extensive armoring present on the vehicle. Would to be shocked if it weighed close to 8000 lbs. Ballistic glass is silly heavy...

I would be really interested to know what the beast weighs considering the fairly extensive armoring present on the vehicle. Would to be shocked if it weighed close to 8000 lbs. Ballistic glass is silly heavy...

The added weight to the car from the armor is 180-200kg (400-440 lbs)

Fixed the vehicle stance with new TJM coils in the rear:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441829042.825041.jpg

Do you guys know where I can find the air vents that are besides the navigation? As you can see in the picture mine are missing the top spliter in both sides:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440212205.266650.jpg

That is an awesome config!!! 2003+ interior, manual trans, factory e-locker, and I'm assuming a-trac too!!!!

Can I make love to this truck? Is that wrong?

Do you guys know where I can find the air vents that are besides the navigation? As you can see in the picture mine are missing the top spliter in both sides:

Try your local toyota dealer, that is a discontinued item by itself in the US. But I do have a new set on the vessel in LAX port waiting to clear custom if you like one :)

This is considered lightweight armor. Level 3 armor is the highest in this regard, can withstand up to a .44mag and will weigh up to 300kg (600lb) on a full size truck like the hundy. The windows are plated polycarbonate, not glass per se, so they're relatively lightweight. They're still the heaviest component by a long shot. Plate steel is used on very few areas. Most of the armor is kevlar or similar aramid fibers.

I used to have an armored 90 series (Also very common in Colombia) and and uncle of mine owns an armoring company in Venezuela (which is a sister to a Colombian company) and I've had the opportunity to work and test all their components.

Beautiful hundy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom