Got awning lighting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I set up my awning with LED strip lighting control by a dimable remote. The lighting color is a warm 3100 kelvin not the normal harsh bright white or blue, very nice warm color. With warm dimable LED lighting it attracts less bugs than any other I have tested and dimming makes it even less attractive to bugs. The LED strip fits in the extrusion where the horizontal poles store. The kit provides enough LED for two runs but I found the set up plenty bright with one strip. Approximately 1.4watt per foot at full brightness - very efficient power consumer

Im offer a kit to light your awning it includes the following-

Dimable remote control
16.4' of 3100K LED strip with factory connector and adhesive back
In line fuse holder and fuse
Needed plug for powering the LED strip

What is not included -
wiring and wire crimps

Oder here> Awning Lighting - Land Cruiser Products - LCP

Shipped in the lower 48 $61.00
Kits ready to ship

IMG_3081.JPG

Full bright one strip

awning light full.JPG

Dimmed one strip

awning lighting dim.JPG

Nice addition to any awning set up

Last edited:
Do you include basic wiring instructions? Looks really worth while. The remote is nice 'luxury' touch.

Phil,

I like the lights and have some questions...Can the light strip be cut to length, is it waterproof and are they top or side mounted LEDs?

Thanks,

Ron

Yes Ron it can be cut, its marked on the strip where you can cut it. This strip is not WP I didnt see the need being under the awning kinda hard to get wet. The strip is side mounted, these LED has 120° output IIRC

Some more installation info and pictures -

The poles never come in contact with the lighting strip if install at the top or bottom of the channel.
The power connector just lays in the hatch open space when not in use.
You can mount the controller just about anywhere I went with the proven KISS install
For a power connection I used A standard outlet plug...KISS
You get enough LED strip for 2 passes but I was totally happy with one.
If you measure your cuts you will have enough LED strip to light your rear hatch

Awning Lighting - Land Cruiser Products - LCP

IMG_4359.JPG
IMG_4361.JPG
IMG_4382.JPG
IMG_4383.JPG
IMG_4366.JPG

Last edited:
tape lighting is cooool. installed it under many a kitchen cabinet...Nice application. I ran a strip across the bottom of the fj62 rear hatch, for cooking lighting; plug it into the rear defrost circuit when it's warm outside. the rope lighting is good for laying down on walkways...

Hatch strip Lighting also available
LED strip produces lots of nice colored light (not blue or bright white) for working off the tailgate.
4' LED strip with pigtail connector available for $17 shipped
Dimmer option (recommended this lighting is bright) add $13

PM me for payment info

IMG_2234.JPG

Hatch strip Lighting also available
LED strip produces lots of nice colored light (not blue or bright white) for working off the tailgate.
4' LED strip with pigtail connector available for $17 shipped
Dimmer option (recommended this lighting is bright) add $13

PM me for payment info

View attachment 1218300

Holy cow man... looks like an alien abduction is going down!

We do recommend the dimmer option for hatch lighting

Red hatch lighting makes finding you vehicle around other easy

View attachment 1223210

I got one of those multi color strips with the programmable remote for different colors. Setting it to multi color can make for a nice festive feel hanging under the awning. And I set it to red when I need to preserve night vision.

That's a nice all inclusive kit you've got there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom