Cordless Trimmer .. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

About 6 years ago STIHL jumped into the Lithium Ion battery powered arena.
FSA 65 - Curved shaft line trimmer
FSA 85 - Straight shaft line trimemr
BGA 85 - Blower
HSA 65 - Hedge Trimmer
HSA 66 - Hedge Trimmer
HLA 65 - Extended Reach Hedge Trimmer
RMA 370 - Lawn Mower

The batteries are AP80 and the AP160 and there is a new battery pack coming. I think it is going to be called the AR900.

The STIHL units as well as the batteries all have OBD (On Board Diagnostics) and you can get every part for the unit.

Did you have any experience / feedback to share about the reliability / life span of those battery timmers .?

As I said the intended job is not a mower replacement ... not big yard neither, I'm 6'2" and would like to have something accordingly to my height ..

Bumping a long dead thread. I am now in the market for a new trimmer. In a quest to transition to electric (I have solar on my home and overproduce by 10-15%) Stihl came up as an option. Does anyone have one of their edgers? FSA65/85? Looking for long term input. @D'Animal, what are your thoughts on these vs their gas counterparts. I have about 0.5 acres of various average lawn care to attend to. I saw the Core system but your input on the lack of replacement parts was concerning.

I have one acre lot and use a Ryobi 40V lithium ion powered trimmer (and chainsaw and pole saw). Works great since I have two batteries that I swap to trim around the house. I've had the setup for about 2 years now. No issues with the batteries. I also have the pole saw that uses the same batteries. The lithium ion batteries are also lighter and charge fast compared to the lead acid ones on the Black and Decker.

STIHL makes a pretty full line of handheld equipment. The KMA "combo motor" won't hit the USA market for a few years.

Have you looked at the Dewalt brand? Takes standard dewalt batteries.

Last edited:
STIHL makes a pretty full line of handheld equipment. The KMA "combo motor" won't hit the USA market for a few years.

Have you looked at the Dewalt brand? Takes standard dewalt batteries.

I borrow my brothers STIHL cordless trimmer to knock the grass down around the bees.

Uses the same batteries as my MSA-200-CBQ, so very easy.

I don't think I've ever used another trimmer, but it seems super effective. Makes quick work of trimming the grass back.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom