Shackles.......what are stock size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I am de-rattling my brothers '76 FJ40. I believe his rig is stock ride height. His front spring shackle measurement center to center is 2 and 3/4 inches. The rear spring shackle measurement center to center is 6 and 1/2 inches. The springs appear stock. Is this a stock size and if not what would fit/work. I want to replace pins and shackles and all bushings-so shocks too with units that are durable and greasable....reccomendations????????????? Thanks

Any idea where to find a 6.5" center to center rear shackle??

But will my 31" tires clear in the back????? I thought of that too brian.......or just maybe all I need are new bushings for the rear shackles????

^X3 get rid of the long shackles fix your springs. Its probably not a problem running a 31 at stock height, so long as they are narrow like a 9.50 or so. A 12.50 will almost for sure rub.

you can only go about an inch and a half over stock and then the shackle pushes the spring down in the rear of the spring and ruins the spring because all the weight of the truck is shifted to the one end .good luck

All good stuff. Leaning towards going back to stock shackle in back with either re-arced springs or new.

How about a 10.5 wide tire? I believe they are a slight offset

Anyone know about Atlas springs vs Old Man Emu????

How about a 10.5 wide tire? I believe they are a slight offset

I have a bone-stocker that had some 10.5s on it for a while. The uncut fenders are bumped out ever so slightly, but I believe the tires would tuck inside; stock wheels.

Thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom