Clutch question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to order a new clutch for a 22re. Does anyone know about differences in clutches/flywheels, etc between the 1989 - 1992 22re and the 1993 - 1994.5 22re? I notice Marlin Crawler has different clutches for those years.

I ordered my clutch upgrade from Marlin... my advice is contact them and ask the questions directly. Awesome guys to deal with.

I believe the difference is the size of the flywheel.

My truck is a 1990, but I'm not sure what year the now dead engine is, or what year the next engine will be. Looks like I will have to wait on ordering a clutch until I have seen the engine markings more closely. I can't see either engine right now as they are 350 kms apart. In theory, I could move the flywheels around without too much difficulty? I'm pretty sure the bell housings are compatible to the engines from 1989-1994.5?

The oversized clutch upgrade will fit right in no matter what.

You want to stay with same year of tranny. Fly wheel is about the same. Pressure plate pressure is the difference in their kits. 900 lbs is still stock. So really depends on what you use rig for as I have the 1,200 lbs set. I like to wheel so better for my purpose. The 1,400 lbs is heavier yet. Of course a 30% increase in pressure means more pedal pressure. But I don't mind. Now if your planning to swap in different motor than 22re or tranny than what you're currently running.

But call Marlin like previously mentioned they'll give you good advice.

Call Marlin. You won't be disappointed with their clutch. Ran one in my old 92 and I have one on the shelf for my 88.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom