Builds Black Betty 2 build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brad, check with Kevin or Jonas or Matt... They may be able to help you. The company they started, Endless Horizon Expedition Outfitters , is a dealer for a few things.

Brad, check with Kevin or Jonas or Matt... They may be able to help you. The company they started, Endless Horizon Expedition Outfitters , is a dealer for a few things.
hmm I didn't think of them. I wasn't sure they sold Arb but I will definitely check.

Last edited:
Well I got with my friend Kevin from our local club who owns Endless Horizon Expedition Outfitters and he is locating my ARB for me:) So hopefully that will come in fairly quickly.

While I have the truck racked and cannot move it, I went ahead and put some rust converter on the rear diff. It was starting to show signs of rust and I wanted to nip it in the butt now. While I was at it I undercoated most of the vehicle. Later today I will doing the thermostat while I have the radiator off which wont be here till next week. So I will be stroking my preventive maintenance fetish on this long weekend haha:flipoff2:

Last edited:
Well after a little over a week Black Betty is back on the road. New radiator, thermostat, coolant, ps fluid, freon, condenser, high pressure ac line, hood shocks and a fresh greased driveline will get her to the dealer in the morning for the timing job and transmission fluid change. I also had my painter repair and paint my hood since it had a ton of rock chips. When I get her back later this week she will get amsoil in everything just in time for the weekend. The ARB is on order along with a winch which will be purchased through my good friends at Endless Hroizon Outfitters!! And since I broke my running boards on the lift at work (maybe on purpose;)) I will be ordering metal tech sliders once funds allow!

Looking forward to seeing it

Nice, looking forward to ARB bumper install photos!

image.jpg
Well I have good news and bad news, the good news is my ARB came in... The bad is it came in damaged. :bang: But I did talk to Kevin at Endless Horizon Outfitters and he is doing everything he can to help so I feel confident we will have something worked out soon. At least if I keep this one and repaint it I can paint it to match our vehicle instead of the crummy paint Arb uses!!

Last edited:
bummer, but paint matched ARBs look better anyway!

Well aside from my ARB problems I have gotten a few things done on the GX. We picked her up today from the dealer to have the timing belt, water pump ect.. and transmission service done so at least I am back up to par with most of my maintenance. I still need to change all the other fluids to Amsoil (which I am becoming a dealer for) so I need to order that today. I also received my weather tech floor mats which I will put in tonight. I got a great deal from my local dealer for $155 :D

Tomorrow will be Black Betty 2s début with my local club (Louisiana Land Krewesers) at our meeting. So far out of the few weeks we have owned her we have only driven her 3 days haha Hopefully Kevin from SSS can come and I can get a few more mod ideas!!

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom