For Sale 64 FJ40 project part out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just made a deal to buy an unfinished 64 FJ40 resto project. VIN FJ40-30109. Was started years ago by a machinist who passed away and never completed. Engine was completely rebuilt and that is already spoken for There's another engine block looks like it was completely gone over, bores at least honed. Two transmissions and transfer case assemblies, one looks to be rebuilt. The owner's work is meticulous as is his shop. Looks like the truck was originally green.

The tub is bad- you can see in the pictures how it was cut out. Frame is thin in at least one spot. To me a parting out case instead of a restoration. Anyone needing/wanting any parts from this truck should email me shmukter@pa.metrocast.net. I don't plan to pick up the truck and all the parts until the end of July. Here's some of the things I believe to be interesting and desirable. Top looks to be in good shape as do the hardtop sides. The upper tailgate folds open and closed OK. Lower barn doors look to be solid. Front fenders and hood look to be very solid. The cowl looks good except for some small rust through holes in the floorboard area. Windshield frame looks good, glass is good and the wiper motors are in place. Front doors are solid but show some rust at their bottoms but I'd call them usable as is. Axles have been cleaned and painted, he was keeping it all drum brakes rather than converting to discs. There are some new/rebuilt parts, too: a set of yellow Monroe gas shocks, an OME steering stabilizer, a rebuilt steering box, brand new Holley carb still in the box, new poly gas tank in the box, etc. The bezel is very nice, bib has some rust, instrument cluster is clean and nice. The seats are in excellent condition- has both jump sets and both sections of the front seat, frames good and upholstery very nice.

Since I am not overwhelmed with garage or storage space I am hoping to have buyers for at least the bigger parts before I bring the old girl to my place. Check out the photos and let me know what you might be interested in. Thanks, Gary

IMG_0027.JPG
IMG_0028.JPG
IMG_0029.JPG

Last edited:
Two more pictures. The engine is spoken for my friend Bill is getting it but it shows the meticulous work the guy did.

IMG_0026.JPG
IMG_0030.JPG

I have not responded to all the inquiries (have had lots of interest) because I don't have the truck or parts here yet. I am heading down there tomorrow to pick up all the loose items, boxes of parts and anything not attached to the tub and frame. Once I get that stuff home I will have a better idea of what exactly is there and what shape the parts are in. I will respond to every inquiry in the order in which they were received once I have the parts in my posession. Thanks, Gary

Interested in 4wd drive shifter and all pull nob switches that are there also and all linkage to the transfer case. Pm sent

so how much for the inner fenderwells? are they good up on the front section where the seatbelt braackets are?
i could use them to scab annie back together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom