The Cursed Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m at the end of my rope. I’m having an issue with a bran new working starter that I’ve had with the last two ones from my other trucks, for some reason the solenoid and motor wont engage so the truck will start. It can be after a short drive, over night, radio turned on for 5 minutes or my phone charging. It has no given thing o cause it. The battery will be at 12.8 and the little pig tail at 12.4 9I don’t like that) and nothing. I’ve checked connections, added another ground and cleaned the old ones and still no luck. Anything you guys have to offer would be great.

No, its a Bosch. And it's gotten worse with the new one as well. So I'm getting a new relay to install and see

Last edited:
Where exactly is the starter relay? I'm using 89 wiring and I thought it was in the black box but all that's in there is efi and head. And I don't remember anything for it under the dash. But I also have code 12. With the igniter coil only have 11.3 out of 12.3 volts and then it drops to 10 or so with the ignition on

On the 22re they are on the passenger fender near the firewall. But then again you would have had to bolt it there. I'm thinking that when you converted your engine something with the relay didn't get hooked up right. You could always bypass the relay and buy an aftermarket one.

I think on the 22rs it's near the fuse box. I'm not positive. But aftermarket starters are the worst. Get a Toyota one that way you know it's not the starter

No offense but I'm not going to buy a Toyota starter if it's not the starter its self. I've got 2 spare Toyota starters now and a Napa one.

The relays are only in ones meant for a manual transmission. The wiring is from an automatic. But I did find out that when my truck is acting up if I take a wire from the battery to the starter it starts just fine. Which means it's the signal wire. As the ignition is fine

Well eventful morning. Had a rear tire go and ended up rolling my truck

I'm fine. Going to try and fix the truck though as I don't have the money for a new one. Didn't let insurance know about the wreck and its stikl drivable. Second roll in less then a year

received_1024119724298724.jpeg

Well I managed to find an 88 Toyota with ac for 600. Going to use it for the parts I need plus ac and will sell off the rest. Even though my 84 is technically totalled. My 84 just has so much work done to it and is a better truck over all

So the trucks been up and running for about a week now with no problems. Got the new roll bar welded on and am waiting for the bed liner to paint my whole truck. But now I have an issue with the gas tank. There's a small hole in the bottom and the gas leaks out a lot over night. What can I do to fix this as I'm not welding on it. I was thinking clean it up really good and just some gas proof rtv sealant?

I've got an 88 tank right now as well. I just don't want to swap in a 14 gallon tank for my 17 gallon tank. It may be 3 gallons but its helpful for long hunting trips

I put the 88 tank in but in the process messed up the flex fuel line. Does anyone have a spare laying around? That's one of the new parts on the 88 I bought that isn't good.

I actually found one at the bone yard. I'll still post a pic of it.

Well the metal fuel line just blew a hole in its self as well so I'm replacing that now too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom