Importing from the Dominican Republic? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I frequent the Dominican Republic for work I noticed there is quite a few left hand drive cruisers down there (Diesel ones too). And great parts yards. I googled around and didn't find much on getting them out of the DR but a lot about getting them in. Has anyone attempted an export from the DR?

Any looky loos?

2014-04-22+09.10.09.jpg

And the white one:

2014-04-22+09.10.35.jpg

2014-04-22+09.10.54.jpg

I sure wish we could get these in the US.

not in one piece.

The US does not want those here because you would not buy another car for 15-20 years. So no parts support and regulations that mandate 25 years before anything as hazardous and toxic like that can be imported. You won't be able to change the rules but you can walk around them. Those look like mighty clean 1991 80 series to you don't they?

not in one piece.

The US does not want those here because you would not buy another car for 15-20 years. So no parts support and regulations that mandate 25 years before anything as hazardous and toxic like that can be imported. You won't be able to change the rules but you can walk around them. Those look like mighty clean 1991 80 series to you don't they?

They are brand new, so I wouldn't even try getting them in. I was just driving by and thought I would do a little drooling on them.

I was thinking more pieces and parts. I spent a little time looking around and you can pick up a used 1hz with and h55 for a decent price. I might contact an imported and see how much they would want to do a container of goodies dropped in Miami. If I could make it work so the prices were reasonable I wonder if I could get some support from the community.

There are a few rigs around that are older than 25 years but as you can imagine they used heavily here, so they would need a ton of work to get them up to snuff. I think parts might be a better proposition.

I have no delutions of importing a brand new truck.... But I wish I could that's for sure.

One more just for the heck of it.
2014-04-26+12.09.26.jpg

Reviving an older topic BUT I'm living in the DR now and have seen a lot of mid 80's to early 90's BJ70's. With those model years they wouldn't need to meet EPA and safety regs right? Wouldn't it be kind of easy (relatively speaking) to import one of these since it's a "classic"?

I think the 25 year rule applies. Older than 1990 and it can be imported. But I am not the expert, that why I proposed the original question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom