FJ45LV in New Zealand (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Found the lights, hiding under the seat belts

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438830251.886956.jpg

Rust....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438830268.138017.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438830284.638617.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438830297.503308.jpg

I had this problem once too. The driver door and rear hatch use a key from the outside to lock. The other 3 doors lock by pushing the door lever forward and in. They unlock by pulling the lever back to open the door. No way of locking or unlocking those from the outside. I hope that makes sense.

Right, a mate has bought a fj55 really cheap picking it up this weekend. More rust than metal in the body but the chassis and running gear is good, it drives.

So would I be able to stick my fj45v body on the fj55 chassis? And major differences?

This would cut down my workload and get it drivable quickly.

The frames are very different. I doubt it would be an easy swap. Anything is possible with the right tools and enough time though.

I thought you weren't in a rush cause you have a driving FJ45 ute?

I thought you weren't in a rush cause you have a driving FJ45 ute?

Yea, but other wise the fj45v will sit in my mates paddock for a few years. And my mates and I will turn the fj55 into a river hack, I would rather it be put to better use.

Might use my chassis and swap in the running gear and engine.

I agree, I wouldn't be rushing into it, especially if you have other projects to play with.

Yea there are enough projects/trucks between my mates. At the moment between five of us we have 8 land cruisers. Might be 9 next week with a bj40 in the crosshairs

Pzj70
Bj70
Bj45 x2
Fj45
Hj45
Fj45v
Fj55

Following with interest, can't be many of these in NZ, i've never seen one in the metal.

Would love to have one of these one day, or an FJ55.

Following with interest, can't be many of these in NZ, i've never seen one in the metal.

Would love to have one of these one day, or an FJ55.

Come and have a look if u are ever in Christchurch. It would not surprise me if someone had one sitting in a back shed somewhere in NZ

Check out the 40 series trucks junglebiker found 3 x 45LV in PNG all with good chassis and floor pans. Check his 45 build if interested.

It would not surprise me if someone had one sitting in a back shed somewhere in NZ

A friend of my uncles in Taranaki has a collection of vintage and classic bikes & cars that he's bought so that they don't leave the country. He's the sort of guy that would probably let you store the car in one of his sheds if it meant it was preserved.

A friend of my uncles in Taranaki has a collection of vintage and classic bikes & cars that he's bought so that they don't leave the country. He's the sort of guy that would probably let you store the car in one of his sheds if it meant it was preserved.

Thanks for the offer but one of my mates is putting a big shed up just out of Chrustchurch so it going to go in there for a while. If it makes it home to Hawkes Bay there's a old dry Apple pack house waiting for it.

carb came off, cleaned and put it back together. Ok for the moment but will need a rebuild kits only running on 4-5 cylinders, needs new spark plus. Cleaned them up and ran better so it might be something else.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441514887.686856.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441515635.723980.jpg

Got the engine warm and drained the oil, engine is not accelerating properly but I think it's the carb. All the gauges work in the cluster after finding the oil sender wire disconnected.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441515041.984509.jpg

The black is diesel oil, the Gray is what came out. Closer to the consistency of diff oil than engine oil. Will leave it dripping overnight. And suggestions on getting the old gunk oil out? A mate said put a couple of bottles of kerosene though it?

Need to order some parts from the U.S. But shipping seems steep, keen on getting carb kit, and clutch slave so I can at least try and go for a drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom